Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 AM   #121
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Not really. You don't know how often the batches are going out. Could be one a day, or if they were getting a lot of calls every 2nd or 3rd day. Or could be 2 or 3 batches a day split up to not plug up servers.
You are quite right, I was taking an unfortunate shortcut.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #122
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I'm one of those hundreds of thousands with an account, but who hasn't bought a book there in at least a couple of years. Even when they had a coupon or price that made it worthwhile, the last few times I tried, the system was down or it didn't like my credit card or something else, and I gave up and went to Kobo.
I understand the feeling. However, things are completely opposite for me. Since setting up my Sony account, purchases have been one-click affairs no matter the title, while Kobo loves to give me that "not available in your region" nonsense. And although I was finding the Sony store to be limited in its presentation and searches did not always work as they should, I find the Kobo store much, much worst, especially on my iPad, and very slow to load if you do not have a good connection.

Of course, the trite conclusion could be "to each his own", although I really feel this is a good example why less choice is bad for all of us.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #123
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I'm glad you were able to find out what's going on. Hope it doesn't take the whole week!
Well, it really did take a whole week! I finally got my email a few minutes ago. Just when I was about to give up hope and call customer support again. 394 books transferred so I am missing about 70. I'm really surprised by some of the books that didn't transfer since they are mainstream bestsellers.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #124
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Well, it really did take a whole week! I finally got my email a few minutes ago. Just when I was about to give up hope and call customer support again. 394 books transferred so I am missing about 70. I'm really surprised by some of the books that didn't transfer since they are mainstream bestsellers.
It's about time! But that sounds like a lot of books that didn't transfer. Only two of my 90+ books didn't transfer - one was truly not available on Kobo, the other was an inexpensive Austen compilation and they don't have the same edition on Kobo.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #125
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
You had 324 of 394 books transfer over for 82.2%. That is slightly higher than my 59 of 75 books which is 78.7%. I too was very disappointed in the transfer, but fortunately I had already downloaded and liberated all the Sony bookstore purchases I wanted to keep.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #126
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I actually had 394 of 462 transfer which is an 85% success rate. I'm just surprised by some of the ones that didn't transfer. I will have to do some research to figure out why not. Then I found some books transferred with the proper title but wrong author! Also some books have been updated to a newer edition. Interesting!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #127
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I actually had 394 of 462 transfer which is an 85% success rate. I'm just surprised by some of the ones that didn't transfer. I will have to do some research to figure out why not. Then I found some books transferred with the proper title but wrong author! Also some books have been updated to a newer edition. Interesting!
That is even better! I obviously didn't read what you wrote carefully enough. I rarely read fiction. I mostly read histories and biographies and technical stuff, so that probably has a lot to do why so many of my books didn't transfer. I'm guessing that Kobo's bookstore has fewer titles than the Sony bookstore had.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #128
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I read a very wide variety of books, both fiction and nonfiction, which is why I was surprised at some of the things that did transfer and those that didn't. I guess I should just be thankful that something transferred rather than nothing! I have all my books downloaded so I didn't really lose anything.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #129
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Sony transitioned their store format from LRX to EPUB in 2009. I lost a few books back then. I just noticed at least one of these lost books was transferred to my Kobo account. I wasn't expecting that!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #130
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Sony transitioned their store format from LRX to EPUB in 2009. I lost a few books back then. I just noticed at least one of these lost books was transferred to my Kobo account. I wasn't expecting that!
I lost some LRX books too. I didn't think to check to see if they somehow transferred to Kobo. I'll have to check as I never downloaded and liberated the LRX books and just assumed those that didn't transfer to ePub were lost. Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #131
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Mine still showed in my Sony account but didn't have a download button. So I guess that's why they got evaluated for transfer. Maybe you have some like that too.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #132
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Angry What about the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
You had 324 of 394 books transfer over for 82.2%. That is slightly higher than my 59 of 75 books which is 78.7%. I too was very disappointed in the transfer, but fortunately I had already downloaded and liberated all the Sony bookstore purchases I wanted to keep.
Where are the missing books?

Are we saying that Sony took our money but now we cannot see these books?

How do I get my refunds?
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #133
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Interesting. One if my problem books just loaded into the Kobo app when I opened it on my phone just now. I guess they are still fixing things in the background, probably as people complain about them.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #134
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
Where are the missing books?
Are we saying that Sony took our money but now we cannot see these books?
How do I get my refunds?
just download them from sony
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #135
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
just download them from sony
And do it soon!

Per the Sony store:
From now until April 30, 2014, you can still log into your Reader Store account to re-download your purchased eBooks and view your transaction history.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote