Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #106
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Sure you can, bookratt. Just use ADE to download from Sony and transfer to your Kobo.
Didn't they completely shut down the Sony Bookstore on March 20? If so, then SOL unless the books were already downloaded.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #107
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You have until April 30th to download your books. They only shut-down the store interface.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #108
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Didn't they completely shut down the Sony Bookstore on March 20? If so, then SOL unless the books were already downloaded.
There's still time to download from the Sony store - accounts are still active until the end on April (just downloaded a title to ADE to test it out.) You can't buy any new titles though.

Per Sony's FAQ -

Quote:
Will I still be able to re-download my previous purchases? (Top)

Yes. Whether or not you transfer to Kobo, you can download eBooks you previously purchased at Reader Store until April 30, 2014. However, if you transfer your eBook library to Kobo via the transfer link, you will continue to have access to your eBooks after this date.

In a few rare cases, eBooks purchased at Reader Store may not be available at Kobo for re-download. In these situations, it is recommended that you download a copy of these titles from Reader Store before April 30, 2014.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #109
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I called the Sony Helpdesk. He confirmed that I am on the list to be transferred, and I just need to be patient! He said that the emails are going out in batches of 50,000. It could be a few days or up to a week before my batch goes out. At least I know I'm on the list and something didn't get messed up in that regards. It is hard to be patient when it seems like I'm the only person left waiting! Thanks for listening to my whine.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #110
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I called the Sony Helpdesk. He confirmed that I am on the list to be transferred, and I just need to be patient! He said that the emails are going out in batches of 50,000. It could be a few days or up to a week before my batch goes out. At least I know I'm on the list and something didn't get messed up in that regards. It is hard to be patient when it seems like I'm the only person left waiting! Thanks for listening to my whine.
I'm glad you were able to find out what's going on. Hope it doesn't take the whole week!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #111
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I know! I suppose it's a lesson in patience for me. Something I've always struggled with and don't expect to conquer soon. I'm just anxious because my account is 7 years old and so I've accumulated 462 books in my account which would be great to combine with my 60+ purchases from Kobo.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #112
Sara95
Sara95 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, NookColor
I never heard from Level 2 Kobo support, but I just checked my account and it now has a balance that would include my missing Sony credit. Yes!
Sara95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #113
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara95 View Post
I never heard from Level 2 Kobo support, but I just checked my account and it now has a balance that would include my missing Sony credit. Yes!
I'm still waiting for Tier 2 Support to contact me too. It's been about five days since I contacted them via chat (and email) where I was assured that Tier 2 would be able to resolve my problems and would be contacting me shortly.

Just checked my Kobo account and still no sign of my Sony credit.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #114
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know! I suppose it's a lesson in patience for me. Something I've always struggled with and don't expect to conquer soon. I'm just anxious because my account is 7 years old and so I've accumulated 462 books in my account which would be great to combine with my 60+ purchases from Kobo.
Are you still waiting?
I'm now waiting impatiently for new eyeglasses which won't be here for another week....
Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #115
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Are you still waiting?
I'm now waiting impatiently for new eyeglasses which won't be here for another week....
Yep, still waiting!!! You'll probably get your eyeglasses before I get my email.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #116
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Yep, still waiting!!! You'll probably get your eyeglasses before I get my email.
Turns out you were right - I got a call this morning that my glasses came in already, sooner than expected, and I am going to pick them up in a few minutes.

I sure hope your email comes soon. As many books as you've bought from them, they should've put you at the top of the list!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #117
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
In batches of 50,000? That's interesting, as it means we can figure out a ballpark number of users for their store by looking at when the first emails we're sent and when they stop (but I am too lazy to make the calculus right now). That should come up to a few hundreds of thousands though. Now obviously, you make money by selling books, not getting people to register, still, it's frightening: you can have hundred of thousand of customers, and not make enough money to make it worth your while. Cut-throat business indeed.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #118
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
In batches of 50,000? That's interesting, as it means we can figure out a ballpark number of users for their store by looking at when the first emails we're sent and when they stop (but I am too lazy to make the calculus right now).
Not really. You don't know how often the batches are going out. Could be one a day, or if they were getting a lot of calls every 2nd or 3rd day. Or could be 2 or 3 batches a day split up to not plug up servers.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #119
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
That should come up to a few hundreds of thousands though. Now obviously, you make money by selling books, not getting people to register, still, it's frightening: you can have hundred of thousand of customers, and not make enough money to make it worth your while. Cut-throat business indeed.
I'm one of those hundreds of thousands with an account, but who hasn't bought a book there in at least a couple of years. Even when they had a coupon or price that made it worthwhile, the last few times I tried, the system was down or it didn't like my credit card or something else, and I gave up and went to Kobo.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 04-05-2014 at 07:17 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:31 AM   #120
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I had my Sony account balance transfer over successfully. A few days later I got an email from Kobo that I was getting my $0.73 settlement from the Agency nonsense. I was not pleased to just discover that in giving me the $0.73 they wiped out my prior $50 credit. Anyone else in the same situation might want to check their balance.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote