Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
New Scrivener (Windows) Update (1.5.3.0)

I thought I would let everyone know that Scrivener has an update to 1.5.3.0

I have no affiliation whatsoever - I'm just an owner of the program.

Here are the ADDITIONS:

Scrivener is much faster and more robust
Additional supported languages now include:- Traditional Chinese, German, Italian, Turkish and Dutch
OPML Import
OPML export
Mind map import (Freemind .mm format)
Mind map export (Freemind .mm format)
CSV export
Import and Split functionality
Import Scrivener Project functionality
Image background (texture) in full screen
Comprehensive Print preview functionality
Print index cards
Print outliner
Inspector comments and footnotes
Revised annotation, footnote and comments options
Ability to set your own user interface font
Added multi-language smart quotes functionality including:- Japanese, Korean, Chinese, German and more.
Implemented Cancel within Compile dialog i.e. changes are no longer saved when Cancel is clicked
Project and Preset Replacements added to Compile dialog
Deleting Scrivener project files within the directory of an open Scrivener project is now prevented
Options->General - added checkbox to show full project path in title bar
Added "Take Snapshot" menu item in header bar i.e. right click document icon to see sub menu and added ability to sort snapshots
Improved debug and incorporated minidump crash reporting
Improved tables and font handling throughout
Improved eBook handling throughout including CSS support
Image import improvements - WMF still remains unsupported like Mac, but we will get it soon
Windows 8 compliant

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-06-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks Dr. Drib. I own a copy as well and it's good to know when it's updated.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I tried to update and it won't let me

When I hit the search for updates from Scrivener, it told me there's no active Internet connection found. The Literature & Latte site said to download the new version and load it on, but I'm scared I won't have access to the program anymore. If I do a completely new load, do I have to come up with a password or something? I don't remember them giving me any kind of passkey or anything :/
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper Kingsley View Post

When I hit the search for updates from Scrivener, it told me there's no active Internet connection found. The Literature & Latte site said to download the new version and load it on, but I'm scared I won't have access to the program anymore. If I do a completely new load, do I have to come up with a password or something? I don't remember them giving me any kind of passkey or anything :/
Interesting. As soon as I started the program it offered a fullscreen update notice. Have you tried rebooting your system connecting to the internet and then starting the program?
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

When you bought the program they would have sent you a user name (usually your own) and a serial # to input in order to register the program so the trial switches to the full no limit program. You can go online to retrieve your info I believe. I made sure to save my info in a text file for safe keeping in a folder along with the program installer.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

I too have that message on my Vista Laptop - But my Win7 PC copy updated with no problem

I've flagged it at L&L ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

How did you obtain that copy you are using?

What process did you go through to get that copy?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The copy in use should be registered, thus the update will recognise that.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Thanks Don.

The update window popped up for me as soon as I starter Scrivener today (Windows 7), and it has installed just fine.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #10
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Interesting. As soon as I started the program it offered a fullscreen update notice. Have you tried rebooting your system connecting to the internet and then starting the program?
I tried that but it still says: "No active network connection found." Which is ridiculous because I'm on the Internet right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
How did you obtain that copy you are using?

What process did you go through to get that copy?

Don
I started with the NaNoWriMo copy, then bought the registration for it and upgraded. I'm just worried that if I download and reinstall from their site it might not recognize that I'm registered. I've got a deadline on my novel so I don't want to be stuck without access for days.

I'll have to look through my old emails to see if I have a registration key somewhere.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I tried that but it still says: "No active network connection found." Which is ridiculous because I'm on the Internet right now

I started with the NaNoWriMo copy, then bought the registration for it and upgraded. I'm just worried that if I download and reinstall from their site it might not recognize that I'm registered. I've got a deadline on my novel so I don't want to be stuck without access for days.

I'll have to look through my old emails to see if I have a registration key somewhere.
Did you register using the NaNo Copy or did you redownload the regular trial and register that copy? If you registered the NaNo copy then that's your problem right there. It's only meant for the NaNo period. You need the regular trial copy to register properly.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #12
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Did you register using the NaNo Copy or did you redownload the regular trial and register that copy? If you registered the NaNo copy then that's your problem right there. It's only meant for the NaNo period. You need the regular trial copy to register properly.
I'm pretty sure they made me download a different version when I paid.

I checked on my Scrivener to see if there was some setting to turn the internet on -- I was wondering if maybe I ticked something that turned off Scrivener's internet access -- but I don't know what I'm looking for.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 AM   #13
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper

Oh wow, I got pretty excited because I found my registration, but I didn't even need it. I just downloaded the new version and installed it, and everything carried over. Nice.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #14
GeoffC

Quote:
Oh wow, I got pretty excited because I found my registration, but I didn't even need it. I just downloaded the new version and installed it, and everything carried over. Nice.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #15
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

Glad you got it sorted out - but I was going to say - just wait to update it until AFTER you finish your novel.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote