Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Albita
Albita began at the beginning.

Device: none
Watermark in EPUB and MOBI files

Hi my Friends; my apology for my english...

I have been working with ebooks recently. I have no skills in programming language. I only use Office Word processor to edit , remove spaces, page breaks, insert images, make a linkable TOC and then convert to a “web page filtered” in order to convert in Calibre as a EPUB, MOBI or PDF.

I learn all of this stuff in the Smashwords formatting guide, because this is the store of my first publish ebook. This is the far as I get on ebooks.

My friend recently came up with an idea of place or add a watermark in all pages for a couple of ebooks. We are going to lend those ebooks to an entity. This watermark is important to have in all three formats that I have been working with; EPUB, MOBI and PDF. Make a PDF format is easy, and i already have it. But the other two...hmm not so easy for me. So here I am.

I tried to convert the file in Calibre with a watermak in it, like i used to do with my other ebooks, but in the conversion, Calibre remove the mark.

I appreciated all the help you can give on this. Thank you!!
Albita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Epubs have no fixed pages
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You can use the program Al-Pe (I think) created. It is in the ePUB thread. However, that is more ex-libris type. I think you want a social watermark. Not visible, but there. Is that correct?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Albita
Albita began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for answer. No Toaxris, i want everyone sees the watermark.
Albita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albita View Post
Thank you for answer. No Toaxris, i want everyone sees the watermark.
If the watermark is visible, it will be trivial to remove it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote