Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
[Old Thread] Can you print out your Calibre catalog?

First, sorry if this question has been posed before, sometimes it is hard to search for questions already asked. Hopefully someone can provide me an answer: can you print a list of your Calibre catalog?

Is there some command that prints all of my books out? Thanks in advance for answers!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
The command line calibredb.exe will do that.
Type:
calibredb.exe list --help
in an MS-DOS/terminal/shell window to get a list of options.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!

Where do I type this?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!

Sorry, I didn't see command prompt. Did that and there is no command for printing.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You mean send to printer? You can do:
calibredb list>>filename.txt

It will output the list into a text file which you can then print from Notepad or Word. It's also possible to import the text file into Excel.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
If you want a really useful list that you can sort, etc. you open your text file with Excel and parse the information into columns. I use this format to add information on paper books that I have read since Calibre only catalogs ebooks.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I use this format to add information on paper books that I have read since Calibre only catalogs ebooks.
Not anymore. There's now an option in Calibre 0.6 to add an empty ebook. I'm currently using it as placeholder for paperbooks I'm scanning and OCR'ing.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
Naismith
Naismith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Hi all,

is there a way to choose the column width? For most of the entries, the authors field seems to need a second row because of a long name or a second author. Even when I import the file into Excel, it would be hard to "repair" this.

calibredb list --fields title,authors,series,rating,publisher --sort-by=authors --separator=; > database.txt

looks like

4 ;1634: The Baltic War ;Eric Flint & ;Ring of Fire ;2 ;Baen ;
; ;David Weber ; ; ; ;
346;An oblique approach ;Eric Flint & ;Belisarius ;0 ;Baen ;
; ;David Drake ; ; ; ;
76 ;In the Heart of Darkness ;Eric Flint & ;Belisarius ;0 ;Baen ;
; ;David Drake ; ; ; ;

Any suggestions? Thank you!
Naismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--line-wdth
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #10
Naismith
Naismith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
thank you

Thank you!

calibredb list --fields title,authors,series,series_index,rating --sort-by=authors --separator=; --line-width=500 --ascending > calibre_database.txt

works for me!
Naismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
Yyzguy
Yyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPad
When I try to do this (I type calibredb list), all I get is one line that says: id title authors

Can someone help me?
Yyzguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyzguy View Post
When I try to do this (I type calibredb list), all I get is one line that says: id title authors

Can someone help me?
Works fine here. You do actually have books in your library, do you? Also, which version of Calibre are you using?

You've managed to dig up a thread that's more than a year old, as well. The information here is quite out of date. Nowadays you can just create a CSV catalog of your library (see the dropdown of the conversion button in the main toolbar), import that in Excel or OpenOffice Calc and print that.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
Yyzguy
Yyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of lightYyzguy is a glorious beacon of light

I am using the latest version. I hunted around in the program for that kind of function but I obviously missed it. Thanks!
Yyzguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #14
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
Thank you!

calibredb list --fields title,authors,series,series_index,rating --sort-by=authors --separator=; --line-width=500 --ascending > calibre_database.txt

works for me!
What if I wanted a tab as the separator? I don't know how to enter a tab in Terminal after the --separator= command.

Thank you.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 AM   #15
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
What if I wanted a tab as the separator? I don't know how to enter a tab in Terminal after the --separator= command.

Thank you.
Did you try just to, you know, enter a tab?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote