Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #91
peetaah
peetaah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Okay, so you had me worried there. I called the Sony Rewards number and asked about this. They stated that as long as you requested your card before the 30th, it SHOULD still be available. Worst comes to worst you have a credit card to cut in half...
peetaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #92
alanine
Connoisseur
alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad v2
ok, I'm really a late comer, but I just got the card this afternoon. I called the 866 number following the instruction on this thread, and the representative told me very firmly that the stock will be back tomorrow. Guess we'll just wait and see.

PS: already placed an order on iLiad a few days ago :-)
alanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #93
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
I've had an activated card for a week and they have yet to have any readers in stock. It's now Sunday and I'm feeling like the guy out in the woods holding the snipe bag (ie I've just been had).
Anyone have confirmation that as long as you received & activated your Sony card before 9/30 that you can still get the Reader for the special price?
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #94
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Called customer service and the guy told me that as long as you apply the card before 30th you'll get the deal. And you have until January to get the reader.
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 AM   #95
Fzzt
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi1d33d View Post
And you have until January to get the reader.
Nice to know. I called and was told that since the problem of being able to order a Reader was on their end, that any account activated by the 30th would be 'flagged' and when the Reader is finally in stock the rebate will be applied to your account. I wasn't able to nail down a cut-off date other than 'we expect more stock next week'. Which is what I heard all last week

Being a fan of e-ink and ebooks in general I'm actually glad to see the popularity of the product.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #96
Sportsman
Sportsman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Still nothing on the Sony Rewards site. With the release of the 505, I'm really hoping that the new version shows up on the site today
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #97
Sportsman
Sportsman began at the beginning.

Talked to Sony Rewards a few minutes ago. They said it would be another week before they have the Reader in stock again. They did tell me that it will be the 505, so those of us who got our Sony cards in the last couple of weeks will be able to get the new model for $49.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #98
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Sweet! Sometimes it pays to procrastinate until the last minute!

(well, it was a great deal all around anyway. I think we just got lucky they ran out of old units before the promotion ended.)
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #99
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
What great news for y'all! I was hoping they'd do something like that for you, but ....

I'm glad they are.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #100
Fzzt
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
They did tell me that it will be the 505, so those of us who got our Sony cards in the last couple of weeks will be able to get the new model for $49.
That's great news!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #101
crashnet
crashnet began at the beginning.

Device: 505
i got mine activated today but it only arrived in the mail yesterday... i hope i can still swing it.
crashnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #102
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnet View Post
i got mine activated today but it only arrived in the mail yesterday... i hope i can still swing it.
Call and ask. I did since I didn't get a reader in time and they told me my rewards is good till Jan 2008. So if they can get readers in stock, I can still get one. However since I did apply on August 17, I will make a stink about it if I have not placed an order by November.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 AM   #103
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wow, if it's true about the 505 being used to replace the out of stock 500, that is awesome news!

My aunt asked me to order a Reader for her a few weeks ago and the order was canceled. I was told to simply wait for it to appear on the site again and order again. I'm sure my aunt won't mind trading with me, seeing as how she was already impressed with my Reader (and definitely will not use a reader as much as I would).

I'm crossing my fingers!
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #104
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Has anyone actually received the 505 or are they putting the 500 on backorder?
aapezzuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I keep checking Sony Rewards and no reader yet. No 500 or 505. So I dunno when it' due to be on the site. But I do plan on calling them on Monday if it's not on the site lunch time.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote