Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #946
jldg
jldg began at the beginning.

Device: koboglo
bravo!
I was using 2.03 version !
reflow is nice with 2.3, and I note the item: "smart linebreak.."
small problem with this new version, the links to your internet site doesn't work
I got a popup : "cannot open http://willus....."
i didn't suppress v2.03, and, in ths previous version, the internet links are always ok!
jldg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #947
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldg View Post
bravo!
I was using 2.03 version !
reflow is nice with 2.3, and I note the item: "smart linebreak.."
small problem with this new version, the links to your internet site doesn't work
I got a popup : "cannot open http://willus....."
i didn't suppress v2.03, and, in ths previous version, the internet links are always ok!
I just tried and my site appears to be responding okay.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #948
kelchoi
kelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkelchoi can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kindle 4
I originally decided to dump my kindle 4 and buy an 8-inch ereader to read pdf but, incidentally, I found k2pdfopt during my research. This is amazing. I have never read pdf as comfortably. My kindle 4 just like reborn! I wanted to buy you a coffee but I couldnt find the donate link on your website. So, instead, I would like to simply say THANK YOU WILLUS for making such a great stuff!
kelchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #949
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelchoi View Post
I originally decided to dump my kindle 4 and buy an 8-inch ereader to read pdf but, incidentally, I found k2pdfopt during my research. This is amazing...
@kelchoi--Welcome to MR! Thank you for the kind sentiments.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #950
Psyny
Psyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPsyny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PapperWhite
Hello,

I'm new to mobile reading. And i'm with an little issue.
I have used k2pdfopt to convert well defined text files to mobile format, it went very well.

But now i'm trying to convert old scanned files. The problem is: the scanned files have 2 collumns. Theres a way to, lets say, divide each page into 4 smaller pages?

Thanks!
Psyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #951
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyny View Post
Hello,

I'm new to mobile reading. And i'm with an little issue.
I have used k2pdfopt to convert well defined text files to mobile format, it went very well.

But now i'm trying to convert old scanned files. The problem is: the scanned files have 2 collumns. Theres a way to, lets say, divide each page into 4 smaller pages?

Thanks!
The default settings in k2pdfopt should auto-detect the columns if they are "clear enough." If you want to force four smaller pages, you can put:

-grid 2x2

... in the "Additional Options" box. If you're still having trouble, PM me or post an example of your source PDF file.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #952
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.31 released

K2pdfopt v2.31 is released. This release adds minor new features and context sensitive help in the MS Windows GUI. It is compiled with MuPDF v1.6 and also includes source code modifications for better compatibility with KOReader. See the web site for details.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:59 AM   #953
nook user
nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Happy New Year to all !
I have a simple question to the developer of this magnificent application.
I installed Tesseract language training file. How could i see if its properly set up ?
There is no command-prompt.. ?

An idea - is there any chance to insert an option for rotating to landscape only for arbitrary page(s) - chosen from the user after preview ?
For example - we have 3 pages text, after that follows a picture, which is best viewed in landscape mode, after that again text (which will be in portrait, as default)...
Probably not hard to implement within...

Last edited by nook user; 01-01-2015 at 06:30 AM.
nook user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #954
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook user View Post
Happy New Year to all !
I have a simple question to the developer of this magnificent application.
I installed Tesseract language training file. How could i see if its properly set up ?
There is no command-prompt.. ?

An idea - is there any chance to insert an option for rotating to landscape only for arbitrary page(s) - chosen from the user after preview ?
For example - we have 3 pages text, after that follows a picture, which is best viewed in landscape mode, after that again text (which will be in portrait, as default)...
Probably not hard to implement within...
Happy New Year.

When you start converting a file with OCR, k2pdfopt should print out what OCR processor it is using. What platform are you running k2pdfopt on? Are you using the MS Windows GUI?

As for the landscape on certain pages, you can always use a tool like jpdftweak to do this manual before the k2pdfopt conversion, but I will add it to my list of requests.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:30 AM   #955
nook user
nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.nook user knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Happy New Year.

When you start converting a file with OCR, k2pdfopt should print out what OCR processor it is using. What platform are you running k2pdfopt on? Are you using the MS Windows GUI?
Yes, iam running Windows GUI..
It only gives me a message like this after conversion :
8 pages (1200 words) written to "...name of the file.pdf

This is all ?
Old 01-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #956
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Yes, iam running Windows GUI..
It only gives me a message like this after conversion :
8 pages (1200 words) written to "...name of the file.pdf

This is all ?
Unfortunately, the MS Windows GUI presently only gives negative feedback about Tesseract--that is, if the training file is not found or if Tesseract cannot be initialized, you'll see a note at the top of the first conversion you do after launching k2pdfopt like in the first attached screen shot (you may have to scroll up to see it if you convert a lot of pages). I have made a note to fix that for the next release. For now, if you are at all comfortable with the command line, you can run k2pdfopt from the command line and look for the message in the second attached screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tess_screenshot1.png
Views:	215
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	133226   Click image for larger version

Name:	tess_screenshot2.png
Views:	229
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	133227  
Old 01-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #957
nook user

I'll wait for the next release (hopefully with rotating to landscape on certain pages)
Lets hope it will pop out as soon as possible
Old 01-02-2015, 02:21 PM   #958
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
I'll wait for the next release (hopefully with rotating to landscape on certain pages)
Lets hope it will pop out as soon as possible
Just so you understand, the next release is not likely to be right away. I'm trying to understand your landscape request--is it because you want to read only certain pages in landscape mode on your reader--flipping between holding your reader in portrait and landscape mode? That seems like it would be an annoyance. Or is it because not all the source pages are in the same rotation orientation and you want to rotate them all to the same orientation?
Old 01-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #959
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Just so you understand, the next release is not likely to be right away. I'm trying to understand your landscape request--is it because you want to read only certain pages in landscape mode on your reader--flipping between holding your reader in portrait and landscape mode? That seems like it would be an annoyance. Or is it because not all the source pages are in the same rotation orientation and you want to rotate them all to the same orientation?
While I am not the OP I find that tables are often landscape and sometimes images.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #960
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
While I am not the OP I find that tables are often landscape and sometimes images.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether I should implement specific pages in the -rot option or in the -ls option. The former rotates the source page up front, before doing any other processing. The latter causes the content to be formatted for the landscape-shaped reader page and rotates it at the very end so that you have to tip your reader sideways to read it. I suppose I could just do both eventually.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools