Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 09-29-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
c2930931
c2930931 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
Can't connect to content server with Calibre-Web running on Synology Docker

Hi all,

I've pulled the linuxserver.io image for Calibre-Web and launched the container on my Synology DS718+ NAS. Everything appears to work without issue after launching the WebUI - haven't attempted any converting yet, only uploading some local .pdf's and .epub's.

However, I'm not able to access my library externally via Calibre Companion on my Ipad Pro. I keep my NAS at work (better internet than my rural residence), and so I'll VPN in to my internal network and can access the Calibre WebUI on http://192.168.0.25:8083 (for example).

My issue is, after I configure the Content Server with the above IP settings on Calibre Companion (CC) on my iPad, I'm prompted for my username/password after "connecting" (to content server) yet the "OK" button is greyed out...

I've tried re-installing the app along with various different network settings. Nevertheless, it shouldn't be all the complicated if, using a VPN, I can access the WebUI on any device/browser. What am I missing here? I presume CC see's the Content Server on my NAS since it's asking for my credentials, but why would the "OK" button be greyed out, disallowing me to progress?

Is it that my Docker deployment of Calibre lacks the "Content Server" component? Nothing in the documentation says it does/or doesn't include the Content Server - I would of thought this is something inherent to Calibre.

Are there different kinds of deployments? Why can't I enter my credentials when trying to <Connect> to my Content Server?
c2930931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre-web has nothing to do with the calibre content server, the two are entirely separate. As far as I know you have to run the calibre content server to connect via CC, not calibre-web.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
c2930931

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre-web has nothing to do with the calibre content server, the two are entirely separate. As far as I know you have to run the calibre content server to connect via CC, not calibre-web.
Hi Kovi, thank you very much for your reply. Unless you know for sure, it is likely then that the Docker image I have used (from linuxserver.io) does not have the Content Server, and is only the WebUI for Calibre which includes basic ebook management.

I will reach out to Docker image developers for confirmation. As mentioned, nothing in their documentation says anything about the Content Server and I am only just leaning about this component of Calibre now while trying to configure remote access to my Calibre library.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
c2930931

Maybe there is a Calibre Server container available.

It appears that the one I have downloaded from linuxserver provides only the WebUI.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont really need a container. Just install calibre on your VM and run the server. The official calibre binaries come with all needed dependencies (apart from the X libraries which you will need to install).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre-web, content server, content server connect, docker, synology