Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #16
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Did you follow the suggestions people gave you above once the device was fully charged for a long period?

Someone else chip in with corrections if I'm missing anything:

1) Plug in to a wall charger and leave for a long 12-24 hour charge.
2) Switch it on and then reboot it (press and hold the power button for seven seconds until the power dialogue box appears, and then tap restart. If the box doesn't appear, and the screen just goes blank, continue to press and hold the power button for a full 40 seconds until it restarts - you can let the button go after 40 seconds). If this doesn't work you can try Home > Menu > Settings > Menu > Restart device.
3) Factory reset the Kindle. Home > Menu > Settings > Menu > Reset
4) Set up the wi-fi etc and register it (even if you're just using a dummy Amazon account). Check for updates and let it update.
5) Add a small amount of books and see if it works ok.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #17
Medik
Medik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Unfortunately; I did exactly what was mentioned above, but nothing seems to work.
Medik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Are you using the official Amazon case or a third party? Maybe it's not putting the device to sleep correctly. Try leaving it out of the case and see if it makes a difference.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #19
Medik
Medik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
I don't think the problem is in the case because I'm not using it, i manually put the device to sleep.
Medik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #20
Jhelmi
Jhelmi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white wifi
Same!!

I have the exact same issue. Mine is not refurbished tho. I have tried everything.. as mentioned, after charging everything is fine but then soon after that it would freeze again. It happened just now so I charged it a bit then I did hard reset to factory settings as I managed to get it working again suspecting that it is a software issue. It reseted just fine but then now it is stuck on the language choice screen. I am really frustrated since it has happened for so many times. The device is now charging without its case hoping that tomorrow it would work again but if not I’m just going to return it.. really frustrating indeed.
Jhelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #21
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've been using Paperwhites since they first became available and I can't recall one ever freezing on me.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:08 PM   #22
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I've been using Paperwhites since they first became available and I can't recall one ever freezing on me.

Barry
Maybe the difference is that you buy new ones? The posters having problems had bought used PWs and seemed to be newbies with ereaders. The most obvious likely problem was with the battery.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #23
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Both of my PW2 & PW3 would freeze... which is why I returned them.

Try this... leave the PW on lights on full & wifi on. Don't shut it down. When its dead.. plug into the wall for 24 hours. Might kick start the battery if that is what it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...dle+paperwhite
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle paperwhite, kindle paperwhite 2