Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
firmware update 5.8.5 out(improves manga reading)

This update includes general performance improvements and the following new features:
  • Improved Manga Experience: Reading manga on Kindle has been improved with faster page turns, zoom, and panning around a page. You can also press and hold for fast, continuous page turns.
  • Redesigned Settings Menu: Settings have been refreshed with an easier-to-use design.
  • Library View Improvement: Books that were manually loaded to your device will now appear in both the All and Downloaded library views.
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
updating my voyage at this time
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Just updated my voyage, went fine. Settings menu is totally revamped now with a new look, looks cleaner to me. Other than that haven't noticed anything.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I was looking forward to updating my Voyage but the update won't download to my MAC.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
the press and hold for fast skipping pages on manga is not working for side loaded content
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #6
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Updated my PW2. No problems so far. The jailbreak remained intact.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_PW2_5.8.5.png
Views:	662
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	152452  
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #7
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi ! I have a jailbroken PW2 running firmware 5.4.3.2. I'm using Screen saver hack in cover mode.
I was planning on upgrading it but I'm not sure if it runs better with newer firmware. Would you recommend the upgrade?
Will it loose jailbreak and screensaver hack? Considering it's an old firmware/jailbreak-hack.
Thank you!
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:39 PM   #8
bel3atar
Connoisseur
bel3atar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Updated my PW2. No problems so far. The jailbreak remained intact.
can please confirm that kpvbooklet is still functional?
bel3atar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #9
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
can please confirm that kpvbooklet is still functional?
I didn't have Koreader on my PW2 but I just intalled it-- and KPVBooklet (with MR Package installer)-- and it seems to work fine. I saw the test EPUB I copied to my Kindle on the home screen and it launched Koreader.

You'll probably have to re-install kpvbooklet after the update.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:12 PM   #10
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret View Post
Will it loose jailbreak and screensaver hack? Considering it's an old firmware/jailbreak-hack.
Thank you!
If you decide to update, I would install the latest jailbreak just to be safe:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

After the update to 5.8.5, you will have to re-install python and the screensaver hack using MRPI:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251143
Old 10-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #11
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Did the font weight increase?
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:46 AM   #12
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
Did the font weight increase?
Yes, it did. The book titles are darker and easier to read.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:08 AM   #13
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Are the dots back in library view?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:41 AM   #14
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Are the dots back in library view?
Actually yes!
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:07 AM   #15
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
Actually yes!
Not in Grid (Cover) view. The dots have been in List view for awhile.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote