Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
 Topsyturvy

Having used my K2i for a few days now I've found a design flaw that kind of troubles me. I have small hands, but I suppose there are probably more female ardent readers than male so small hands shouldn't be punished. The problem is that I tend towards holding it in one hand, kind of where you have your hand down the spindle of a pocket book and your thumb separating the left and right page. That can be done, but then - and this is where my decidedly unmanlike hands are a drawback - it becomes impossible to click the Next Page button (my other hand tends to be preoccupied with the coffee mug).

My solution is to reverse the text, thus turning the Kindle upside down. This positions my finger over the Next Page button in a comfortable position, but it wrecks havoc with the Back Page and Home buttons, in just a few days I've grown accustomed to where they are supposed to be.

Anyone else that feels this is a design flaw, or are you happy with it as is? Is there anything you'd like to change in its design (aside from sharper text and so on)?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
That's a pretty neat solution, Kuma. Thanks. Good to have your new company, by the way. Very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Do you mean your thumb can't reach the 'next page' button? Perhaps it's because I don't use the cover while reading, and can rest the corner of the device in my hand, but I find it quite easy to rest my thumb on that button. I don't have small hands though.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:09 AM   #4
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
No, I can rest my thumb on the Next Page button, either left or right, when holding with one hand. However, with small hands like mine the Kindle isn't resting in a stable position, it becomes slightly wobbly. Although it isn't a heavy gadget, that kind of pressure on my underarm muscle (dorsi flexi something??) really tires my arm rather quickly, and the off course it wobbles even more.

@Neil: Thanx for the welcome. A very friendly forum, people have been decidedly helpful to a Newbie.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:15 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Aha! Yes, I can't hold it in one hand for long time either, but I've always considered that more of a weight problem. I've had a Sony 505 and a Hanlin V3 as well, and it was the same issue with both of them.

Last edited by Ea; 07-09-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: typos
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert