Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #1576
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by msh2050 View Post
...I have issue with -bp 3 command is not adding 3 inch gap between pages
I haven't tested that feature in quite a while. It looks like it is not working correctly now. I have logged it as a bug.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #1577
iliastald
iliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook aqua 2
Hi,sorry but i do not speak eanlish very well,i ave this problem, I have the pocketbook aqua2 analysis 758 on 1024,212 ppi., it does not have a choice, I get the nearby Kindle dx, the pocketbook basic 167 ppi lower resolution, I do not get reflow, I choose fitpage, native pdf, smart line breaks, in but it's in other books, not in the wicker type I read without pictures does not grow the font even when I change the fixed output font size to a larger number
iliastald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2018, 08:23 AM   #1578
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliastald View Post
Hi,sorry but i do not speak eanlish very well,i ave this problem, I have the pocketbook aqua2 analysis 758 on 1024,212 ppi., it does not have a choice, I get the nearby Kindle dx, the pocketbook basic 167 ppi lower resolution, I do not get reflow, I choose fitpage, native pdf, smart line breaks, in but it's in other books, not in the wicker type I read without pictures does not grow the font even when I change the fixed output font size to a larger number
If you want reflow, you should not select fit page or native pdf. Do not select those. You can override the device settings with your own device settings. I recommend something like on the screenshot attached. If your text does not have multiple columns, set the maximum number of columns to 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	231
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	166088  
Old 09-07-2018, 05:14 AM   #1579
iliastald
iliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five wordsiliastald can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook aqua 2
thanks very match
iliastald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:33 AM   #1580
Conan1982
Conan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
Dear Villus,
same problem with iliastald, reflowing isn't work very well, I have tested your recommended settings but it's not working. I attach you an image before and after convertion.

Conan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2018, 09:01 AM   #1581
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan1982 View Post
Dear Villus,
same problem with iliastald, reflowing isn't work very well, I have tested your recommended settings but it's not working. I attach you an image before and after convertion.
Try a larger value than the default (the default is 0.006) for -gtr, like 0.2. (gtr = Gap Threshold for Rows.) See the attached screenshot. This makes k2pdfopt more likely to separate rows of text even when they are crowded together. The drawback is that too high of a value might separate images or figures incorrectly, but if you don't have any images or figures, you can set this to a higher value without much drawback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	211
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	166160  
Old 09-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #1582
Conan1982
Conan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five wordsConan1982 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
It works (with value at 0.8-0.9)!!
Thanks!
Conan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:32 AM   #1583
DarkTrick
Enthusiast
DarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kindle Touch
add briss?

Hi

wouldn't it be worth it to add briss (https://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/) to the first post? This crops PDFs and makes them also much more kindle-friendly that way (?)

regards
DarkTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:42 PM   #1584
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrick View Post
Hi

wouldn't it be worth it to add briss (https://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/) to the first post? This crops PDFs and makes them also much more kindle-friendly that way (?)

regards
This thread is dedicated to k2pdfopt usage, help, and issues. There is a separate thread dedicated to briss already. Both are part of the PDF Forum.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:28 AM   #1585
DarkTrick
Enthusiast
DarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseDarkTrick juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
This thread is dedicated to k2pdfopt usage, help, and issues.
Then I would suggest to change to title to "k2pdfopt: usage, help and issues (optimize PDFs for eReaders)"

Imo, at the moment it rather expresses "optimizes PDFs for viewing on e-readers" which is also what briss is doing

regards
DarkTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #1586
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrick View Post
Then I would suggest to change to title to "k2pdfopt: usage, help and issues (optimize PDFs for eReaders)"

Imo, at the moment it rather expresses "optimizes PDFs for viewing on e-readers" which is also what briss is doing

regards
If I used your suggested title, then new users would not necessarily know what k2pdfopt does. The title tells what k2pdfopt does, which is most important for me. Since the first word in the title is k2pdfopt, I figured it would be self-evident the thread is all about k2pdfopt and not other similar software. Again, that is the point of the sticky thread section in the PDF forum--to point out various useful PDF software as it relates to e-reading, where you will find the Briss thread.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:53 AM   #1587
ekinrot
ekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five wordsekinrot can name that ebook in five words

Device: kindle paperwhite 7th (5.10.1.1)
It's a cool
Tx
ekinrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #1588
Fedex15
Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Fedex15 My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, Im new to this great software, I have a question, even though -bp is not selected, I still get the page break every time the source page ends. I´m using a 300pp Paperwhite so I figured the Voyage option would be fine. Here are the source and the output shown in the software:

https://imgur.com/h4jtKNf
https://imgur.com/0FNbhhf

Last edited by Fedex15; 09-22-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Fedex15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #1589
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex15 View Post
Hi, Im new to this great software, I have a question, even though -bp is not selected, I still get the page break every time the source page ends. I´m using a 300pp Paperwhite so I figured the Voyage option would be fine. Here are the source and the output shown in the software:

https://imgur.com/h4jtKNf
https://imgur.com/0FNbhhf
That should not be happening based on your settings. Can you post the source PDF or PM it to me?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #1590
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
That should not be happening based on your settings. Can you post the source PDF or PM it to me?
Thanks for the PM. The page breaks are happening because you have a bookmark pointing to almost every page. Add -bp-- to your "additional options" box.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools