Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
MarkPhil
MarkPhil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Chapter progress on Kobo Aura H2O

I just got a Kobo Aura H2O (Edition 2) and I can only get it to show progress for the entire book (page count or percentage), rather than for the current chapter. ("Time remaining" doesn't work at all—if I select that option it just defaults to page count.)

Based on what I've read, whether the device can display chapter progress depends on the file being read. But if I know what features of an epub file Kobo uses to determine chapter progress, maybe I can edit the books in Calibre to insert any features Kobo could use for this. Does anyone know enough about how Kobo determines chapter progress to offer suggestions?
MarkPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See the plugin "Kobo Touch Extended Driver". This will send ePubs as kEpubs to your device. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=211135
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
MarkPhil
MarkPhil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That did it, thanks Peter!
MarkPhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chapter detection, kobo aura h2o