Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post KINDLE 5: Htop (An interactive process viewer for Linux)

Doubtless this is bundled somewhere. I couldn't find it.
http://htop.sourceforge.net/

I used:
Quote:
export ARCH_FLAGS="-march=cortex-a8 -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=vfpv3"
export CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=soft -fno-stack-protector -O2 -ffast-math ${ARCH_FLAGS} -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
export CXXFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector" CPPFLAGS="-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE"
export HOST=i686-pc-linux
export BUILD=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
With the Linaro 2014.04 sf binary TC via buildroot.

I configure my system as outlined at minimodding
http://minimodding.com/article9-Kind...ng-custom-apps

And run htop via ssh (pictured)
[root@kindle root]# htop

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_089.png
Views:	526
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	92935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_090.png
Views:	499
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	92936  
Attached Files
File Type: gz htop.tar.gz (41.5 KB, 384 views)

Last edited by twobob; 09-27-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: kindle 5
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Hmm...
The body of the Article linked to at minimodding can only be read by members who are logged in.
Permissions changed.

Last edited by knc1; 09-27-2012 at 11:37 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

might as well let them in for that one, if you approve. I intend to use it as my go-to reference page so... Would be handy

It's not terrible info and leads nicely into: replacing Busybox, Running apps on Fat with customLib location support, using the hash bang shush and .Alias wangle to run Apps via a second busybox, etc...

All decent articles.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
might as well let them in for that one, if you approve. I intend to use it as my go-to reference page so... Would be handy

It's not terrible info and leads nicely into: replacing Busybox, Running apps on Fat with customLib location support, using the hash bang shush and .Alias wangle to run Apps via a second busybox, etc...

All decent articles.
OK, policy change -
Articles are now like Wiki pages (anonymous can view header and body).

It may be necessary to make an exception to that policy for "Classified Ads" (which are a type of "Article") in the future.
But for now KISS with the permission system changes.

Edit:
And doing that does make sense, the primary use of the site is as reference materials linked to by other (product specific) sites.
Looking forward to when I get the problem with Freetags fixed and registrations on the site open to the general public.
My goal was to have the site ready for when the Kpw ships, but it looks like that may not happen (unless Amazon "slips" the ship dates some more).

Last edited by knc1; 09-27-2012 at 11:47 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
twobob

Excellent. And very appreciated. Hopefully the resource drain will be as rewarding as the brain drain required to write it. People should register, this is my mantra. However ports of call into the deep that is minimodding give us a chance to show what is in fact in there.

Cheers mate. Appreciated.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: You don't need to kill ssp & fortify on the Touch .

(And htop is also bundled in USBNet . Although, granted, it's just a bunch of binaries for the Touch, no proper package yet .).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
twobob

appreciated i'll fix that then
Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
twobob

wasn't in my path. therefore does not exist

Tags
htop, k5 tools, kindle5, tools