Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Battery life in kindle keyboard an kindle non touch.

Hello.u

I have a question for people who have the kindle keyboard and kindle non touch. Have you noticed any difference in battery life?

I know that battery life in kk is double than knt. But, is it really?

Last edited by ersott; 11-29-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Can anybody help me?

(love this... )
Old 11-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Can anybody help me?
I don't have a Kindle Keyboard, but I can say the with Wi-Fi mostly off, my K4 battery lasts 1 to 4 weeks, depending on amount of reading per day.

The one week was actually 6+ days, but that was starting with the less than full charge it arrived with and 3 to 5 hours per day reading. The 4 weeks is with only half an hour per day reading at lunch.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I have both and after the 3.3 update, my battery life has significantly improved on my K3.

The K4 has not been really used since early November and I've only been checking for special offers. I leave WiFi off and I get about 2 weeks charge on it when I do use it for reading.

The K3 hasn't been used in a very long time before 3.3 I got about 3 weeks but now It goes way longer.

It'll be interesting to see how the Kindle Touch compares to the two.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have both and after the 3.3 update, my battery life has significantly improved on my K3.

The K4 has not been really used since early November and I've only been checking for special offers. I leave WiFi off and I get about 2 weeks charge on it when I do use it for reading.

The K3 hasn't been used in a very long time before 3.3 I got about 3 weeks but now It goes way longer.

It'll be interesting to see how the Kindle Touch compares to the two.
Blossom, Glad to hear I was not the only one that the 3.3 upgrade helped the battery life. It is nice to read and not watch the battery bar move visibility while in use..

Any more!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Blossom, Glad to hear I was not the only one that the 3.3 upgrade helped the battery life. It is nice to read and not watch the battery bar move visibility while in use..

Any more!

Ah yes our K3+3G really needed this update a long time ago. I love my K3 but would sell it if I could get the right price. so it sits on the shelf lonely.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:13 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Move visibly while in use???

My K3 goes for weeks between charges; I'm still running firmware v3.2.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Move visibly while in use???

My K3 goes for weeks between charges; I'm still running firmware v3.2.
Back when running firmware rev, 3.2 it almost seemed to move as you watched it and used it, I was only getting maybe 4 days between charges. But also I am a very heavy reader (6-7hrs daily). So in the course of a days of reading, I could look at the battery bar and see it has moved by chunks. The upgrade to 3.3 solved the problem..

So my saying it moved visibly in use, does contain a grain of truth!

Note: This is my second k3-3g, the first one had the same problem, short battery life between charges. Amazon sent me a replacement and it had the same problem. Finally determined/suspected, it was my heavy use.

The firmware upgrade, fixed it. It could have been when my unit upgraded to rev. 3.2 back in January, maybe the install was faulty? But for sure the rev. 3.3 install did the trick. I now have very close to 2 weeks use now before having to recharge.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 11-30-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Back when running firmware rev, 3.2 it almost seemed to move as you watched it and used it, I was only getting maybe 4 days between charges. But also I am a very heavy reader (6-7hrs daily). So in the course of a days of reading, I could look at the battery bar and see it has moved by chunks. The upgrade to 3.3 solved the problem..

So my saying it moved visibly in use, does contain a grain of truth!

Note: This is my second k3-3g, the first one had the same problem, short battery life between charges. Amazon sent me a replacement and it had the same problem. Finally determined/suspected, it was my heavy use.

The firmware upgrade, fixed it. It could have been when my unit upgraded to rev. 3.2 back in January, maybe the install was faulty? But for sure the rev. 3.3 install did the trick. I now have very close to 2 weeks use now before having to recharge.

I read heavily too but I keep WiFi/3G off and always got 3 weeks of charge on mine before I switched to the K4 and now the Kindle Fire.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I read heavily too but I keep WiFi/3G off and always got 3 weeks of charge on mine before I switched to the K4 and now the Kindle Fire.
Keep my wifi off also, only use to WiFi download books from amazon, (once in a purple moon)

Happy now for the 2 week between charge life.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
You're not leaving the 3G radio turned on, are you? That's the only thing I can think of which would account for such a poor battery life.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #12
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You're not leaving the 3G radio turned on, are you? That's the only thing I can think of which would account for such a poor battery life.
No the radio stayed off, had same problem with 2 units, until the 3.3 upgrade. now have nearly 2 weeks run time. Go figure! As posted above.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
I have a question for people who have the kindle keyboard and kindle non touch. Have you noticed any difference in battery life?
Since I only have the KK, no. But if I did have both, in a year or two, I would notice a really big difference. The Keyboard model has a replaceable battery, at least according to the web sites that sell replacement batteries for it. But the new non-touch is reportedly trash once the battery wears out.

EDIT: I just found the K4 non-touch battery report:
Battery is Lithium Polymer 890mAh. Don’t even think about replacing it. It is glued in tight and has only soft case around it so if you try to pry it off you risk ripping the cover and setting lithium on fire as it reacts with the oxygen in the air.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-01-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
pugbytes
pugbytes began at the beginning.

Device: touch kindle
keyboard vs touch

My wife and I have both the keyboard and touch kindle. The touch Kindle was a recent purchase. Battery life was very poor. I tried factory reset as recommended by support, but it worked for only 2 days. I finally received a new touch Kindle. Same problem. I am now trying a factory reset with this one, but not optimistic. Since there are so many complaints about the touch battery life, I suspect there is a major problem that they haven't figured out yet. I will bide my time for awhile and see how it pans out as more complaints come along. You will be advise. innocently, by others that your wi-fi is on, indexing is draining, fonts are too big, you are reading more than they have tested the device for, etc etc. It goes on and on. Garbage. We use our keyboard kindle the same way as the touch kindle. The touch kindle drains rapidly. The keyboard kindle battery life is impressive!!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
If you say so. My touch has excellent battery life, as does my K3. What sucks up the battery most for me is the lighted cover I have on each.
Closed Thread