Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #16
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Initial voting is complete and in true lit club fashion we are winding things down with a five-way tie! It is now between:

-Small Island
-Hamnet
-Atonement
-The Last September
-Annie John

Run-off voting is now open!

Voting will close exactly TWO DAYS from this post.

Each person has FOUR votes to use.

If the run-off ends in a tie, the selection that received all its votes first will win.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #17
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally had time to read all the previews. They all look so good! That is as usual, and a great set of nominations to bring things to a close with. I'd like to read all of them, but I can narrow them down to three I'd most like to read so I'll use three of my votes. Of those three, it's like flipping a coin putting them in some order. I'll be equally happy with any of the books winning.

1 for Annie John
1 for Hamnet
1 for The Last September
Advert
Old 05-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I am happy with any of these books.

1 for Last September
1 for Hamnet
1 for Annie John
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:52 AM   #19
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

Run-off voting is complete and we have another tie! Per the guidelines the first of those tied for the lead to receive all its votes, even between nominations listed in the same post, is selected.

Therefore, the winner is The Last September! I'll have the discussion up soon.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #20
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

I'm really looking forward to this as our final read. The title is apropos despite the difference in month from the current one, and I've been wanting to read Bowen for a long time.
Advert
Old 05-17-2021, 10:26 AM   #21
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

It's peculiar since so many of our selections had been available as audiobooks until recently, but like our last two selections this is not available as audio so I'll be reading the ebook here as well. I guess that fits the theme of 'right back where we started from' since when the lit club began and for its first many years I wasn't listening to audiobooks at all, heh. I'm glad I went with the audio for the classics salon read of Daniel Deronda.

The Last September actually is being released as an audiobook... but not until just after the next September, in early October 2021.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:15 PM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
It's peculiar since so many of our selections had been available as audiobooks until recently, but like our last two selections this is not available as audio so I'll be reading the ebook here as well. I guess that fits the theme of 'right back where we started from' since when the lit club began and for its first many years I wasn't listening to audiobooks at all, heh. I'm glad I went with the audio for the classics salon read of Daniel Deronda.

The Last September actually is being released as an audiobook... but not until just after the next September, in early October 2021.
Well, of course, it’s being released afterwards. Very fitting indeed!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote