Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 07:57 AM   #1
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Get book ID by file path

Hi,
I would like to create a bash script to modify metadata of a book given the book path.
I see that calibredb need the book id and I'd like to know how to get the book id knowing the book path.
I've seen that in the book pat there is a number between parenthesis.
Is it that the ID?
If so, can I safely take the ID extracting it from the path string or is it better to query calibredb?
If it is better to query calibre, which query should I use to get the id knowing the path?
The path must be an absolute one or only the substring below the calibre library folder?
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes the number in the brackets is the book id. use it
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks!
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:41 AM   #4
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
As I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	186729  
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote