Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by olbeggaols View Post
Hello Meeera and JS Wolf,

Sorry for the delay in response, I didn't get notice. Thanks to both of you:

I will familiarize myself with the system before messing with it.

I need a file structure because the source library I am thinking of putting into e-books is vast and complex and without the structure which I am familiar with, it will be difficult to find things. On this I may opt to just upload books one at a time and delete them from the Kobo; keep the file structure on my PC.
If you are using Calibre, you won't need to worry about how the files are saved. Calibre uses it's own directory structure. You don't need to see that as you have the front end to see your eBooks.

On a Kobo, you again don't need to setup a directory structure as Kobo's reading programs don't use it. And if you did, you'd not see it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #32
olbeggaols
olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Forma/Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you Jon
olbeggaols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #33
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could use KOReader or Coolreader add on reader software, both let you use a file structure, as used on a PC. You can add these without affecting the stock reading software.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:12 AM   #34
olbeggaols
olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Forma/Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you Ken. I gave you my massive 2 point kamma boost. What I have decided to do is to use my usb cable connection for uploading to Kobo with a staging file structure on the PC side, then upload and view books one at a time: view/delete. I have no need to read them on the kobo as I have the hard copies. The point is to be able to view changes, going back and forth likely multiple times until I get a set of templates that will hopefully make this work routine.
olbeggaols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Forget Coolreader exists. KOReader is the one that's actively being worked on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote