Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #1111
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Just updated to Calibre 5.13 this morning and all of my overdrive logins are now failing. May have been happening before the Calibre update. I don't know. Log excerpt below for one such failure.

Starting job: Search for books by 1 author
Overdrive Link 2.45.0, calibre 5.13.0
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Kindle Book, Mobipocket eBook, Open EPUB eBook
=================================================
Finding library books by John Nicholls
Accessing library GLDL OD
Get http://gldl.overdrive.com/
Redirected to https://gldl.overdrive.com/
new OverDrive site layout detected for GLDL OD
Get https://gldl.overdrive.com/account/sign-in?forward=%2F
Signing in to GLDL OD: Retrying gldl.overdrive.com on exception <HTTPError 504: 'Gateway Time-out'>
Signing in to GLDL OD: Retrying gldl.overdrive.com on exception <HTTPError 504: 'Gateway Time-out'>
Signing in to GLDL OD: : <HTTPError 504: 'Gateway Time-out'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 979, in sign_in
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 411, in sign_in
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.net", line 291, in open_url
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.net", line 233, in open_url
File "urllib\request.py", line 531, in open
File "urllib\request.py", line 640, in http_response
File "urllib\request.py", line 563, in error
File "urllib\request.py", line 502, in _call_chain
File "urllib\request.py", line 755, in http_error_302
File "urllib\request.py", line 531, in open
File "urllib\request.py", line 640, in http_response
File "urllib\request.py", line 569, in error
File "urllib\request.py", line 502, in _call_chain
File "urllib\request.py", line 649, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out

Cannot perform search at GLDL OD due to sign in failure
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #1112
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Can you access your library via the web successfully?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #1113
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
Just updated to Calibre 5.13 this morning and all of my overdrive logins are now failing. May have been happening before the Calibre update. I don't know. Log excerpt below for one such failure.
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out
It looks like they are having a technical problem. I am currently unable to sign in to any of my OverDrive libraries.

Try again later.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #1114
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Can you access your library via the web successfully?
No. I did check that and thought it was ok as I could bring up the site(s). However, checking further, I see that as soon as I try to login it gives me the 504 Gateway Time-out error the same as is coming up in the overdrive logs in calibre.

So maybe this is an Overdrive issue?
a
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #1115
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem with OverDrive seems to be fixed now.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:47 PM   #1116
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 2.45.0 - 09 Feb 2021

Remove searching of Open Library. Open Library will be automatically disabled in the plugin configuration whenever calibre is restarted. Any existing links to Open Library books will still function. The Internet Archive is supported by this plugin and can be used to search for the same set of books instead.
It would have been really great if the plugin migrated OpenLibrary to Internet Archive automatically?

Also, I do seem to have lost all my previously linked books. Any way to get those back?

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 04-19-2021 at 05:54 PM.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:03 PM   #1117
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
It would have been really great if the plugin migrated OpenLibrary to Internet Archive automatically?
That would have been difficult to implement since they have very different way of identifying books.

Quote:
Also, I do seem to have lost all my previously linked books. Any way to get those back?
That should not have happened. Existing links should continue to function as long you do not delete the configuration for Open Library from the plugin configuration. I do not have a solution for you.

At this point the best thing to do is perform searches with Internet Archive enabled as a library to populate the new links.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:50 AM   #1118
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
I found a bug in the plugin that prevented links to Open Library from showing up under the "Select previously linked books" menu choice. Version 2.45.1 has been release to fix this.

Sorry, I didn't notice that previously.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:17 AM   #1119
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Quote:
At this point the best thing to do is perform searches with Internet Archive enabled as a library to populate the new links.
This is what I did, took a while.

Quote:
I found a bug in the plugin that prevented links to Open Library from showing up under the "Select previously linked books" menu choice. Version 2.45.1 has been release to fix this.

Sorry, I didn't notice that previously.
No worries, hopefully somebody else will benefit from this fix!
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:03 AM   #1120
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
If I have the URL for an Overdrive book where the title doesn't match (Overdrive swapped the title and series, sigh...), is there a way to add it aside from manually constructing the ID?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-05-2021 at 12:13 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:57 AM   #1121
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If I have the URL for an Overdrive book where the title doesn't match (Overdrive swapped the title and series, sigh...), is there a way to add it aside from manually constructing the ID?
You can manually link books as if they were found by a search to fix this sort of problem.

First go to the web page for the book at your OverDrive library and note the URL. It should be something like: https://ocls.overdrive.com/media/55599

Select the same book in your calibre library and from the "Edit metadata" dialog right click inside the "Ids" field and choose "Edit identifiers in a dedicated window".

To create the link enter on a new line: odid:55599@ocls.overdrive.com
(Replace "55599" and "ocls.overdrive.com" with the actual media number and host name from your URL. If there is already an "odid" entry then instead of creating a new one add the new information to it separated by a "&" character.)

Once created the link will remain even if you do subsequent searches that do not find the book.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #1122
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, that's something that happens to me too and it can be useful
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #1123
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
that's pretty much what I did when I said "manually constructing the ID," but good to know about the &
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive