Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 12:39 AM   #16
EthanYi
EthanYi began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO aura one,Kindle paperwhite3
I found problems with system fonts that can be set to sharpen, but I added fonts that can not be sharpened!
How should we solve it?
EthanYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:28 AM   #17
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanYi View Post
<Patch>
patch_name = `Freedom to advanced fonts control`
patch_enable = `yes`
replace_bytes = 892894, 2C F4 52 EE, 3C F4 4C E9
replace_bytes = 982714, 70 F7 E0 E3, 00 46 00 46
replace_bytes = 984166, 6E F7 B8 E6, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>

I have set it to “yes”!
But my kobo aura one font Aa which there is no advanced option。
what reason?I use the ttf fonts!
I don't think that patch is for any recent version of the firmware. You need to use the patch for the exact firmware version that your device is running. For version 4.2.8283 it looks like this:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_enable = `yes`
#
## This patch allows the advanced font options (weight/sharpness adjustments)
## to work with sideloaded fonts too. (KEPUB: OTF and TTF. EPUB: TTF only.)
##
## WARNING: IT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE TO ENABLE THIS PATCH IF YOUR DEVICE IS SET TO
## A JAPANESE LOCALE OR JAPANESE BOOKS ARE OPENED.
#
# VolumeManager.isJapanese(a) --> False
replace_bytes = 5E83D8, C3 F6 76 EA, 00 20 00 20
# N3FontTypeUtil.setupMonotypeDropdown(b,c)
# --> N3FontTypeUtil.setupDropdown(UNDEFINED,b,c)
replace_bytes = 6A7940, 50 46 31 46, 51 46 32 46
replace_bytes = 6A7944, FA F5 08 E9, 16 F6 98 EA
# N3FontTypeController.setupAdvancedOption(...) --> NOP
replace_bytes = 74D064, 8A F5 24 EF, 00 46 00 46
replace_bytes = 74D5B8, 8A F5 7A EC, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #18
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
<Patch>
patch_enable = `yes`
This patch those not look like the patch patch_kobo_4028283.zip file.

- follow the instruction in post #1
- enable the `Freedom to advanced fonts control` in file libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch, line 240.

EDIT: I didn't see GeoffR already answer

Last edited by oren64; 01-23-2017 at 01:57 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:34 AM   #19
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is there a patch available to Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (upper left corner)?
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
Is there a patch available to Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (upper left corner)?
Why are you asking in the thread for patching 4.2.8110? This is the current firmware for the Aura One and it has a significant fix that means you should be using this one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why are you asking in the thread for patching 4.2.8110? This is the current firmware for the Aura One and it has a significant fix that means you should be using this one.
And you are answering in the wrong thread
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #22
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Quote:
I asked in the wrong thread, then i ask the question here again. I want these Patch for this FW!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T819 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by jamalau; 01-23-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #23
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
I asked in the wrong thread, then i aske the question here again. I want these Patch for this FW!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T819 mit Tapatalk
If you are referring to 'Changing the info panel in full size screensaver' , the patches are in the file nickel.patch.

`Changing the info panel in full size screensaver`- upper left corner
`Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (lower left corner)`
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #24
jamalau
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
If you are referring to 'Changing the info panel in full size screensaver' , the patches are in the file nickel.patch.

`Changing the info panel in full size screensaver`- upper left corner
`Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (lower left corner)`
Thank you, i did not know does the first patch is for the upper left corner.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And you are answering in the wrong thread
Nope. The same question was also posted in the patch thread for 4.2.8110.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #26
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Semantics would dictate that you ask the question regarding the post in the thread it was posted in.

And what 'significant fix' is in the new firmware?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #27
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
And you should have answered there, sorry.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:11 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Semantics would dictate that you ask the question regarding the post in the thread it was posted in.

And what 'significant fix' is in the new firmware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by george.talusan View Post
To clarify:

Hardware acceleration is turned on by default in this repository for all Kobo devices.

4.2.8283 and beyond will be switching the framebuffer to 32 bit depth. Modifications/code that assume 16 bit will be broken. Kernels will be patched for each generation of device that the update goes out to.
There you go.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
<Patch>
patch_enable = `yes`
replace_bytes = 982714, 70 F7 E0 E3, 00 46 00 46
replace_bytes = 984166, 6E F7 B8 E6, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>

I have set it to “yes”!
But my kobo aura one font Aa which there is no advanced option。
what reason?I use the ttf fonts!
Here is what I see for the Freedom to advanced fonts control patch for the 4.2.8283 firmware.

Code:
<Patch>
patch_enable = `yes`
#
## This patch allows the advanced font options (weight/sharpness adjustments)
## to work with sideloaded fonts too. (KEPUB: OTF and TTF. EPUB: TTF only.)
##
## WARNING: IT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE TO ENABLE THIS PATCH IF YOUR DEVICE IS SET TO
## A JAPANESE LOCALE OR JAPANESE BOOKS ARE OPENED.
#
# VolumeManager.isJapanese(a) --> False
replace_bytes = 5E83D8, C3 F6 76 EA, 00 20 00 20
# N3FontTypeUtil.setupMonotypeDropdown(b,c)
# --> N3FontTypeUtil.setupDropdown(UNDEFINED,b,c)
replace_bytes = 6A7940, 50 46 31 46, 51 46 32 46
replace_bytes = 6A7944, FA F5 08 E9, 16 F6 98 EA
# N3FontTypeController.setupAdvancedOption(...) --> NOP
replace_bytes = 74D064, 8A F5 24 EF, 00 46 00 46
replace_bytes = 74D5B8, 8A F5 7A EC, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>
I enabled the patch, ran the batch file, copied the KoboRoot.tgz file into the .kobo folder on my KA1 and safely ejected. The patch installed and restarted my KA1 and I now see Advanced beside the font name box on sideloaded fonts.

I'd suspect that you are not using the right version of the patches for 4.2.8283.

Last edited by DNSB; 01-23-2017 at 04:35 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #30
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Missing Patches

GeoffR, thanks again for your timely and very helpful work. I like this new firmware and, whether placebo effect or not, find everything to be a bit snappier.

Question: I know the patch for removing non-system fonts dropped out a few patch sets ago, but is that because it won't work on these newer firmwares? Can I try cutting and pasting from your earlier patch into this latest one, or is that likely to get me into total reset land?

Same question for the brightness fine control patch.

Many thanks in advance.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote