Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
Adding date as extra tag

Hi

I'm using a recipe and all the files come out with the same name. I want to add the date, and am trying to do this using the Advanced tab, Extra Tags.

How do I make it work?

Thanks
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont. If you want the date as part of the title you have to use titlefmt in the recipe itself, and note that dates are stripped if the output profile is st to Kidle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You dont. If you want the date as part of the title you have to use titlefmt in the recipe itself, and note that dates are stripped if the output profile is st to Kidle.
Ah, as I want to send it to my Kindle.

So it's just not possible then? I have lots of Economists, all called 'The Economist'.
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Kindle display the date below the title for periodicals anyway, so there is no point in adding the date to the title. Send your news downloads to the Kindle by USB instead of email and you will see that in action. Amazon mangles periodicals sent by email.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote