Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Sony PRS-300 "Pocket" Edition (Blemished)

Hi, folks, I know I'm new here, but I thought I'd throw this out in case anyone is interested.

A couple months ago, I bought a PRS-300 Sony Reader "Pocket" Edition used off craigslist. It quickly became my new best friend; I really love its small size and sharp, clear, contrasty text.

About a month ago, I tossed an armload of crap onto my bed--right on top of the reader, which was laying there, face-up, exposed. Something, possibly my keys, put a ding in the screen. Ding is probably the wrong word because nothing appears to be physically broken, there's not even a scratch on the surface where the blemish is, but it looks like some of the pixels "burst," if you will, as a result of my stupid mistake.

I've been using it this way for about three weeks, and it still works totally fine, but there is that little ball of pixels that don't work now. See below. I tried to take very detailed photos so you can see what you're getting into.

Aside from the main blemish, the screen is perfect, no smudges or scratches, everything's just great. Since I bought this used, and have never had a cover on it, there are some cosmetic blemishes on the body of the unit - A couple scratches on the front of the metal "spine" along the left-hand side, and some scratches in the back. None of these affect operation, however.

Now, I know this is only my 2nd post on the forum, so for most of you that will no doubt raise some red flags, as well it should. But to maybe help you verify my "e-cred", I'm a moderator at www.howardforums.com, a million+ member cell phone forum. I have over 7,500 posts there over the last four years, and I will link you to my profile so that if you'd like, you can do a quick registration and PM me over there just to confirm I am one and the same person.

Link to Profile: http://www.howardforums.com/member.p...574-matt314159

Additionally, my ebay ID is matt-austin. I don't have any listings going on over there at the moment, so I'm not entirely sure if you can "contact" me over there, but if you can, feel free to check my feedback and message me over there to prove I'm me.

Additionally you'll find my screenname over at dslreports.com, backyardtheater.com, avsforum.com, ppcgeeks.com, and several others. Any of which you can feel free to contact me at.

Since this thing is in what I'd consider to be a 6/10 cosmetically, and because of the screen blemish, I think I'm going to ask $60 shipped, to the US only. I'm hoping that's a substantial enough discount to make it worth dealing with the blemish on the screen. I found it didn't really get in the way of reading at all, unless I was reading on small font and the ouchie happened to span just perfectly between two letters...but this rarely happened.

This might make a good unit for someone who is looking to make their entrance into the world of ebook readers on the cheap. Just yesterday I received my new PRS-600, and after reading in a variety of locations, I decided the glare (which I was worried about at first) is not going to be bad enough to return this. I had some doubts at first, but I think I like it. I was ready to return the 600 and stick with the 300 if I didn't like the 600.

Here's some photos:

Paypal only. US Buyers Only. PM or reply here with any questions or if you want more photos. I tried to take pics of the scratches on the back, but they didn't really come out that well.

This is going to come with the reader only, no box, no covers, no paperwork, no accessories, except for a dollar-store USB 2.0 cord I'll throw in for charging and transfering books.

Thanks for your consideration, folks, I hope I don't get into hot water for posting a for-sale ad so early in the game.

**EDIT**...nevermind, on the news of the k3, I decided to return the 600 to overstock.com and use the 300 until the end of august. Then I'll re-list it here.

Last edited by matt314159; 07-29-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: changed my mind
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote