Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #31
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

Antartica,
Is it just me, or is the stylus page scroll not working any more (2.9.1)?
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #32
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay
Antartica,
Uh? IIRC I'm still on 2.9. I'll update and see what happens...
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #33
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi All!

I've uploaded a new version of the dillo web browser for the iliad. Changes from previous version:
- File URI support: now you can open local html files to view off-line in the iliad. Remember that it also suppots jpg, tif and png, so you can view those too. Even more, if you have a directory of sequentially numbered images, you can go to next image just using the forward button (think of it as a poor's man comic browser).
- Fixed a bug in the forward button guess next URL feature.
- I've put a smaller refresh timeout in the .iliad_refresh.conf. It should refresh the image faster, but if the connection is slow, you will have more spurious refreshes.

You can download it from:
http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad..._iliad-0.7.zip

Source patches, older versions and tar.gz archives available at:
http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...tartica/dillo/

P.S.: I've not updated yet to 2.9.1, so I have yet to check what's problem with scrolling in that firmware version.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #34
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
P.S.: I've not updated yet to 2.9.1, so I have yet to check what's problem with scrolling in that firmware version.
Can anyone with the current firmware check? If it works, I'd like to make an "official" announcement of the release
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #35
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I installed dillo on 2.9.5 and it seems to work just fine (many thanks!). However, pages with Unicode text are not displayed correctly.
I did a search and found this Puppy Linux web page that explains how to add Unicode support. I downloaded the ARIALUNI.TTF font and put it in the fonts/tff directory. It still doesn't work. Is there any chance to make it work?

Last edited by bedwere; 05-08-2007 at 09:31 PM.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #36
Antartica
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere
I installed dillo on 2.9.5 and it seems to work just fine (many thanks!). However, pages with Unicode text are not displayed correctly.
I did a search and found this Puppy Linux web page that explains how to add Unicode support. I downloaded the ARIALUNI.TTF font and put it in the fonts/tff directory. It still doesn't work. Is there any chance to make it work?
Dillo for the iliad is based on the official gtk1.x version, not the [old] gtk-xft nor the [older] gtk2 version, so it cannot use ttf fonts.

OTOH, I have a patch so as to be able to display latin1 UTF-8. I haven't used that patch in the iliad version because I didn't find it all that necessary, but if this is what you need, just ask. I've tested the patch in my desktop and it works reasonably well (only tested to view spanish pages using UTF-8, as in es.wikipedia.org).

If you want to be able to view other character sets (eastern-europe, cyrillic, CJK...), the patch will not work, as the fonts dillo has installed only contains the iso8859-1 charset (AKA latin1), and the patch specifically converts those UTF-8 codes to latin1 equivalents, ignoring all others.

EDIT: About the version of dillo used: Well, it's the lastest official version plus some patches to make it usable in the iliad O:-), so it's not the official version

Last edited by Antartica; 05-09-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:08 AM   #37
Antartica
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay
Antartica,
Have you tested with 2.9.5? In 2.9.5 works correctly (as bedwere just reported, and for me it also works).
Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #38
emkay
Zealot

Hi,
I just installed your latest version. The browser is working fine, but the scroll still isn't working for me. I'm on 2.9.5.
I can get it to scroll by clicking on the scroll bar, but the page drag scroll that worked before doesn't work anymore here. Very strange.
Any ideas?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #39
emkay
Zealot

OK it's working. l was scrolling from top to bottom, instead of bottom to top. Duh!!
l wrote this post on the iliad, in Dillo, btw
Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #40
Snas
Enthusiast
Snas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad & N95
Thanks a lot, it works perfectly on my iLiad (with latest software)
Snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #41
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
The new right Click Stylus works with Dilllo!
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #42
Hans_Poppel
Hans_Poppel began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica View Post
If you want to be able to view other character sets (eastern-europe, cyrillic, CJK...), the patch will not work, as the fonts dillo has installed only contains the iso8859-1 charset (AKA latin1), and the patch specifically converts those UTF-8 codes to latin1 equivalents, ignoring all others.

EDIT: About the version of dillo used: Well, it's the lastest official version plus some patches to make it usable in the iliad O:-), so it's not the official version
Hi,
i'm successfully build dillo with this patch. UTF-8 cyrillic sites looks reasonably
Hans_Poppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #43
bedwere
Enthusiast

I'd love to have it!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #44
Hans_Poppel
Hans_Poppel began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere View Post
I'd love to have it!
Hi bedwere,
this is Antarctica's package with replaced dillo. Please consider, it is testing build without some features (like ssl and jpeg support). And possible, with some bugs :-).
Attached Files
File Type: gz dillo-i18n.tar.gz (9.67 MB, 726 views)
Hans_Poppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #45
bedwere
Enthusiast

It works with polytonic Greek, but the font is huge. I tried to open the configuration window but was not able to.