Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Has anyone tested how long the battery lasts on one charge when browsing non-graphics-intensive web pages? I'm quite interested in knowing this, thanks.
Like all portable devices, WiFi is a "killer" as far as battery life goes. It'll drain the battery in a few hours.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #17
Doomorama
Doomorama began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Just my 2 cents. Compared to my BeBook One, the battery in the Boox doesn't last nearly as long. I only get 4-5 days putting it to sleep, a bit longer since I've started turning it off.

With my BeBook, I could put it to sleep and let it sit for weeks and it would come back to life fine. I only charged that thing like once a month. The Boox will die over a weekend in sleep mode.

I thought it the screen used basically zero power once the image was refreshed, so what's killing the Boox battery when it's in sleep?

Oh, and I never use wifi for anything.

Last edited by Doomorama; 03-26-2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added wifi note
Doomorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #18
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomorama View Post

I thought it the screen used basically zero power once the image was refreshed, so what's killing the Boox battery when it's in sleep?
Good question.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 AM   #19
Doomorama
Doomorama began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
To kind of answer my own question regarding battery life in sleep mode, in another thread, MikeOnyx says this has been addressed in the 1.3 firmware. I'm installing it now.
Doomorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #20
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
I haven't noticed an improvement with 1.3
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I haven't noticed any improvement with 1.3 either. still get only 4 - 5 days a charge - it seems to lose a bar a day even when I don't use it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The "sleep mode" is just a "button lock", essentially. I suggest you enable the auto power-off feature; that gives you excellent battery life, and it boots sufficiently quickly that it really shouldn't be an issue for most people.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #23
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I noticed that even with 1.3 firmware my boox loses it's charge completely within a week when turned off. I had my boox charged 100%, went away for a few days without it, when I came back it was completely empty/
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #24
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Are you sure it was off (blank screen) rather than standby (screensave picture)? If so, then it should be repaired or the battery replaced.

I still think that one week on standby is also too little. There is no way I could read 7000 pages in one week, and on standby it should use even less than in reading mode.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #25
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I thought that the Wacom screen was supposed to be off when the pen is in its slot. I just dug up my old tablet pc and its pen worked on the boox even with the boox pen in its slot. maybe that is where all the battery power is going?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #26
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
That's an interesting twist. Makes you wonder if it's a software problem or there was never a stylus-in-the-slot switch at all.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I thought that the Wacom screen was supposed to be off when the pen is in its slot. I just dug up my old tablet pc and its pen worked on the boox even with the boox pen in its slot. maybe that is where all the battery power is going?
The Wacom screen uses essentially zero power unless it's actually being used.