Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
PDF Contents Altered by Link

The microtype.pdf file has, on page 4, two links in the margins that show the impact of different microtypographic settings on the adjacent paragraphs.

This, while I am not sure how it is done, seems like involves the arbitrary replacement of one piece of content with another "upon click", so to speak. Can those of you with link-capable PDF viewing devices take a look at the PDF (ignoring the fact that it's not sized for 6" - 10" screens) and let me know what impact "clicking" on the two margin links (protrusion and extension) does?

I'd be grateful for reports from PRS-505 owners too, as I won't be able to check until fairly late tonight.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Opening that with xpdf 3.00 says it needs a PDF 1.5 capable reader. Looking at source, it seems the document uses layers (Optional Content Groups, OCG). I bet only readers with ADE SDK are likely to support this.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Opening that with xpdf 3.00 says it needs a PDF 1.5 capable reader. Looking at source, it seems the document uses layers (Optional Content Groups, OCG). I bet only readers with ADE SDK are likely to support this.
So it probably won't work on any eBook reading devices at this time?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote