Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Question Books on internal memory show as on Memory Stick

Let me see if I can explain the problem...

I have a bunch of books on the Sony's internal memory, and a bunch on an SD card.

On the Reader's index, I see the "SD" icon next to the books & collections stored on the SD card.

BUT the books stored on the internal memory all show the "MS" icon, as though they are on a memory stick.

Any help? Ideas? I have reformatted and reloaded all my books and still have the problem. It's a nit, but it bugs me.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Doreenjoy--

I notice this as well, if I load the books with Calibre. If I load them with the Sony software, I don't see this. I don't have a memory stick. I just ignore it. (Sorry no solution for you!)

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, this is very strange as I loaded all the books with the Sony Reader software!

I use Calibre to do the ocassional conversion, but I load all the books with the Sony Reader.

It isn't a big deal, just kinda strange.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Just found this old thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33696

Looks like no one had a solution.

I reformatted internal memory and it didn't help.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Well, I can understand the collections showing up as on a memory stick, as I believe that's an issue with Calibre - I've entered an issue with my thoughts, but I've not checked it out completely. I've not seen books showing up incorrectly, though...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Yes, but I haven't used Calibre to transfer books to the Reader. Passing strange...
Old 06-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #7
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Well, I can understand the collections showing up as on a memory stick, as I believe that's an issue with Calibre - I've entered an issue with my thoughts, but I've not checked it out completely. I've not seen books showing up incorrectly, though...
Thanks! I edited the media.xml file and now the collections show up correctly.

MobileReads rocks!