moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah no epub on the 500. Leave it for 30mins. That should do the trick
This is an update on the NYTimes and what has transpired with my downloads:
I took your advice and left the download on and it worked after 13 minutes.
This is after I upgraded and reloaded 4.103.

However the NYTImes is still incomplete in the articles, per my original statement

.......NyTimes ... the Front page, International and national region news all have complete articles..below these sections however, editorials, metro, business, arts, home and garden and obits only contain the title of the article and one line in some cases. The balance of the article is cut off..

Also, all other downloads work giving complete article for me.. Since I am not a programmer, would just the Times have an error in the last part of the recipe?
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've attached an LRF of the NYTimes I created today. ALl the articles look fine to me (after a brief scan). I'm guessing your download looks different?
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The New York Times [Fri, 07 Nov, 2008].lrf (2.50 MB, 233 views)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As for the guardian, as far as i can tell the one line articles are articles that have "media" files, videos and such like with only a short description.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #19
moosejons_dad
Zealot

Your files are fine.
I am able to log in online for the NYTIMES but what the download is saying is that "for free access to the article and more, you must be a registered member of NYTIMES.com".This never happened to me before until the most recent upgrades.. Any thoughts? I am using the same passwords.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #20
moosejons_dad
Zealot

I decided to change the password for both the online and downloads for the NYTIMES.
Will advise if this corrects the problem..
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
moosejons_dad
Zealot

Changing the passwords for both the online and the calibre download corrected the problem and my download is now complete and the same as yours....
Old 11-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad to hear it