Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #31
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
i dont think word or powerpoint is supported natively. Only with a printerdriver on a PC.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #32
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
Seems that if it can directly support PowerPoint that it should also support Word documents as well......

-Jeff
Not necessarily.
Anyway, the thing says it supports ppt natively, so i'd trust them on that.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #33
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Haven't seen any sign of the software announcement yet.
This must have been the "Print paperless" capability. It isn't clear to me what value added this provides over a standard PDF virtual printer.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #34
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This must have been the "Print paperless" capability. It isn't clear to me what value added this provides over a standard PDF virtual printer.
Well I guess that it also automatically detect the device and send it to the device...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #35
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Q: audio speaker/jack?
I haven't seen it in any of the flying around techninal data lists.
Q: kernel 2.4.x or 2.6.x?
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #36
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's time to introduce a new subforum and toast to it, wouldn't you say?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #37
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you really going to use it 24h a day?

If you read on it for an hour a day, you'd only recharge once every 24 days.
Keep in mind that it is targeted more for professional/office use. For general lit certainly much cheaper 6" models work fine. So I may keep it running in office 8hrs/day. Also, to ensure healthy battery and long lifespan you recharge around 30% remaining, so that would be about 2 days worth of use.

Of course, having a PC in office means it is trivial to recharge as often as needed. Except in that case I wouldn't need WiFi.

BTW, what about an option to run while plugged in and drawing power form a PC (again use in office)? That way at meeting, on road and at home you'd have more power left as office use near a PC wouldn't draw any power.
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #38
tofuman
Enthusiast
tofuman began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad/ipaq3970
"No shipping available to the selected country (Korea)"

Arrrgh!
tofuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #39
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
have you seen the images http://irextechnologies.com/dr1000images/
it's a new content listener
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #40
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoira View Post
have you seen the images http://irextechnologies.com/dr1000images/
it's a new content listener
Great find!

That interface looks really nice. I'm quite impressed.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #41
rahlquist
Enthusiast
rahlquist is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color (ICS)
Hmm seems like a nudge forward but not a leap. I am still in need of an Ebook with lighting of some sort preferably front lit and be able to shut it off (but integrated into the ebook). Was hoping this would be it when announcement rumors came out.
rahlquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #42
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlquist View Post
Hmm seems like a nudge forward but not a leap.
That depends on your perspective. Compared to the Amazon Kindle with its 6" screen, I think this iRex Digital Reader is a huge step forward.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #43
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
That depends on your perspective. Compared to the Amazon Kindle with its 6" screen, I think this iRex Digital Reader is a huge step forward.
Actually, not so much. The DR1000 to me is basically the same as the Kindle/Sony. The main difference is the size it geared toward PDFs which makes me call it a "document" reader rather than an eBook reader. While technically it can read eBooks I think most people will be getting it mainly to be able to read PDFs that are formatted for an 8.5x11 or 8.5x14 page.

So, other than the size I think the technology is pretty similar.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #44
TadW
Uebermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, other than the size I think the technology is pretty similar.
Yes, but you agree that the E Ink screen makes most of an ereader's technology. I find it amusing that while other companies (from the Far East) keep announcing bigger and better E Ink screens - without being able to deliver until today -, here comes little iRex from the Netherlands showing the world who is the true champion in E Ink.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #45
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Btw, Justread.de estimates to have the 1000S in stock on September 29th (next Monday).

http://www.justread.de/shop/product_...der-1000S.html
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote