Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-26-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Books no longer showing as "books"

I just got some update to my Kindle Fire HDX 7. It's not the OS5, but I guess some other update, looks like OS 4.5.5.1

All of a sudden, anything sideloaded doesn't get put under books. I've been doing this for I don't know how many years, and I've never had this happen before. They are all now appearing in DOCS instead. It's quite annoying.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Got it figured out....had to be azw3, not mobi.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Got it figured out....had to be azw3, not mobi.
More complicated than that.

I have lots of books of type .mobi which I sideloaded into folder 'kindle' on my HDX and they are all visible under 'Books'.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I just got a Fire 10" ALL my Amazon books go into the Documents Folder?? There are Kindle & Books folder But Not 1 ebook goes into it??? weird
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:38 PM   #5
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
Fire HD 10 with Amazon Books Going into 'Documents' Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I just got a Fire 10" ALL my Amazon books go into the Documents Folder?? There are Kindle & Books folder But Not 1 ebook goes into it??? weird
Yep. Same thing happened to me. I didn't realise this was going on until I started experimenting with Calibre Companion, which wanted to transfer books from Calibre into the 'Books' directory.

Feedback from the local experts would be much appreciated.

I wonder if I should manually transfer all my 'Documents' books back into 'Books' and leave only the genuine documents there.
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2016, 02:20 AM   #6
vikischeldrup
vikischeldrup began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE Fire 7 HD
Red face Was there a solution to this?

just checked my Kindle Fire 7 HD and I have way more docs than I have sent to Kindle. was there ever a solution to this? other than the terribly time consuming one?
vikischeldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:07 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Do you Read you books using the DOCs? Or can you read them when you tap in Books? Cause that Different than what I was talking about. Tho mine are in the Doc folder I can read them all using Books. I Cant see anything under the Doc.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote