Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
sommarkarlsson
sommarkarlsson began at the beginning.

Device: Letto
Unhappy Overload??

Can somebode please tell me if there is a maximum of books that Calibre can handle?
I constanly get booted out and on a couple of ocations Calibre has decided to uninstall it self....

Any help is great!
sommarkarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sommarkarlsson View Post
Can somebode please tell me if there is a maximum of books that Calibre can handle?
There is no practical set limit where calibre will cease to work. It may slow down a little.

Quote:
I constanly get booted out and on a couple of ocations Calibre has decided to uninstall it self....
It is safe to say that calibre has never uninstalled itself, so if you want help you are going to need to provide information.

What is your OS?
What calibre version are you running?
What errors do you see?
When do they happen?
What have you tried?

With more info someone may be able to help you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre (or any other program) will NEVER uninstall itself without user specifically initiating the uninstaller.

You may have a rogue Antivirus program that is removing key parts (not the same as a true uninstall).

A true uninstall, cleans up all Program files (there may be a folder left because of patches/updates). There will be NO exe or dll files in the calibre2 folder (if it still exists in the Program Files location.

Please report back which what OS (on a 32 or 64 bit CPU) and which security software. include the name and version
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
sommarkarlsson

Wow.... wish I understood what it is that you want to know.... anyways I figured it out my beloved Kaspesky was putting it in quarantain....

Other than that I have windows 7 64b ... cpu???? No clue what so ever!!!!!! Would it help to know that I have an intelcore i5-2450, 6gb ddr3, and a 100GB ssd hard drive with an aditiona 1TB harddrive Western digital portable Usb 3.....

Sorry.... really don't know how my computers works... I just mostly have it do what I want..

and yeah ..50k e-books will slow everything down!!!!!!!! ( I hate duplicates!!!!)

Thankd for the advise re antivirus!

Lots of love!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For Windows CPU info: right-click on 'My computer" (any location that it is listed) : Properties (the info is on the General tab)

But you gave us the basics: And you found that your A/V was being tooaggressive
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
sommarkarlsson

We have a huge problem here.... my computer speeks swedish.....
Is it NTFS that you are looking for??
Please help me a bit, what does the CPU do? Maby if I knwe that I'd know the answer...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
sommarkarlsson

Wait.... isn't the *intelcore i5-2450* the cpu????
Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Wait.... isn't the *intelcore i5-2450* the cpu????
Yes
i5 and the version
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Sommarkarlson,
Just so that you know for future reference, your system has:
Code:
Computer Processing Unit (CPU):    Intel Core i5 - 2450
Random Access Memory (RAM):        6Gb of DDR3 memory
Operating System (OS):             Windows 7, 64 bit
Hard Drives:                       100Gb SSD (probably the C:/ drive)
                                   1Tb USB Portable Western Digital
Hard Drive File System:            NTFS
Antivirus (AV or A/V):             Kaspersky
Since you've mentioned that you're not too aware of computers, just be careful to never install and use two antivirus programs at the same time. Doing so can also lead to strangeness with missing files and such as the two antivirus programs tend interfere with each other.

Note that this only affects antivirus programs. Utility programs are not affected by this issue.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 01-14-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
sommarkarlsson

Ha! I got something right
now to a totaly diffren question.....
My beloved laptop is coming with me to Thailand in 7 weeks .... no stops but 13h flight .... how do I best protect my love?
Hour cameras are traveling as handluggage at the maximin 5kg per person ... my laptop is about 3kg.... Is it better to have the laptop in my bag or in a hardcase suitecasre packed full of clothes???
Can you help me with this?
BTW Love your cat!!!!!!!!! So Qute!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
sommarkarlsson

NEVER!!!!!!!!

I'll always and forever be using Kaspesky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Sommarkarlson,
Just so that you know for future reference, your system has:
Code:
Computer Processing Unit (CPU):    Intel Core i5 - 2450
Random Access Memory (RAM):        6Gb of DDR3 memory
Operating System (OS):             Windows 7, 64 bit
Hard Drives:                       100Gb SSD (probably the C:/ drive)
                                   1Tb USB Portable Western Digital
Hard Drive File System:            NTFS
Antivirus (AV or A/V):             Kaspersky
Since you've mentioned that you're not too aware of computers, just be careful to never install and use two antivirus programs at the same time. Doing so can also lead to strangeness with missing files and such as the two antivirus programs tend interfere with each other.

Note that this only affects antivirus programs. Utility programs are not affected by this issue.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Ha! I got something right
now to a totaly diffren question.....
My beloved laptop is coming with me to Thailand in 7 weeks .... no stops but 13h flight .... how do I best protect my love?
Hour cameras are traveling as handluggage at the maximin 5kg per person ... my laptop is about 3kg.... Is it better to have the laptop in my bag or in a hardcase suitecasre packed full of clothes???
Can you help me with this?
BTW Love your cat!!!!!!!!! So Qute!!!!!
IMHO keep it IN your possession (or in view), baggage gets opened. need I say more Do pad it (with clothes) if you can,even in you carry-on. Hard Knocks happen.