Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Whispersync Broke?

We were talking about this in the PW thread but this isn't a PW issue. Is anyone else having trouble syncing their books or personal documents? None of mine will sync. I've been having trouble on and off for days getting certain devices to sync but today none won't sync at all.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Did you check you settings on Amazon?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
My Kindle Fire HD, new PW and phone won't sync to each other at all.

Early last week, when I still had my Kindle Touch, it and the phone would sync fine...the Fire HD never did.

Hope it gets fixed quick!!!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
My Kindle Fire HD, new PW and phone won't sync to each other at all.

Early last week, when I still had my Kindle Touch, it and the phone would sync fine...the Fire HD never did.

Hope it gets fixed quick!!!
My Kindle Fire would always sync to Kindle but never Kindle to Kindle Fire now it wont do anything. My K4s wont sync to each other either.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

The unsyncable Whispersync. Sounds like a bad country song! Amazon definitely needs to get their act together and get it working across all devices and apps. Some of the apps have been unsyncable for a while, unless you delete the book and reDLed it.
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
I just synced from my fire to my k3, and it worked using WiFi.

Edit: I sync from the fire manually using the sync button then do the same on my k3 and it catches up with the fire.

Blossom the same here, Fire > k3 works. K3 > Fire , it does not work. Have not tried it with Pd's only books.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 10-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The unsyncable Whispersync. Sounds like a bad country song! Amazon definitely needs to get their act together and get it working across all devices and apps. Some of the apps have been unsyncable for a while, unless you delete the book and reDLed it.
That method isn't even working. It's just not working period on Pdocs.

Edit: Seems to be working fine on Amazon books.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-02-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
wynand32
Enthusiast
wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader 505
To jump into this version of the discussion, I'll add that while my PW won't sync anything with anything, all of my other devices running apps (Android tablet and smartphone and iPad) sync perfectly between themselves. I've tried all combinations of manual syncing in different orders, with the apps further read and the PW further read, etc. No go--the PW is in a world of its own. This is for Amazon books and personal docs, and includes last page read, notes, and bookmarks.

I was on the phone with Amazon today, and they had no idea what was going on (including 2nd level Kindle support). So, they're supposed to have passed my case along to the developers. We'll see.

At this point, I'm using the PW as a standalone reader and making notes and such on other devices. Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon.
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't usually use sync, but thought I'd try it just to see.

I downloaded a book I bought the other day to my PW, iPhone and K4PC. I opened it in K4PC and went to chapter 2 then closed K4PC and opened it on my PW and after a couple of seconds the PW asked if I wanted to sync, I said yes and it went to chapter two. I then closed it on my PW and went to the iPhone which also synced to ch 2. I then went to the end of the book on the iPhone and closed the book. I re-opened the book on my PW and was asked if I wanted to sync, I said yes and was taken to the end of the book.

Is this problem only with personal docs? I do have a book in my archives that I had emailed a few months ago. I can hunt it up and try it if you think it makes a difference.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Is this problem only with personal docs? I do have a book in my archives that I had emailed a few months ago. I can hunt it up and try it if you think it makes a difference.
It's also happening for me on a book purchased directly from Amazon and never touched by anything external (such as Calibre).
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
It's also happening for me on a book purchased directly from Amazon and never touched by anything external (such as Calibre).
It's only happening sporadically with my pdocs. Amazon books work fine.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Bleh. I'm going to give it a few days.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Bleh. I'm going to give it a few days.
Yeah. For now I just use my phone to keep track of locations just in case I get downstairs and my book isn't in the right spot.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #14
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
My GDX and iPad Kindle app have been syncing back and forth all day today. I've been playing around with both and have had no problems.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

It's just not the Kindle PW, My Kindle Fire wont even show new books sent to it and Amazon books bought today are not showing up either.

The K4s are working now though.

Rebooted twice and it finally sync. It seems Amazon must be working on it because now it seems to be working just fine.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-03-2012 at 03:19 AM.