Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I know that Terminator, one of our MR stalwarts, was able to send his reader to Kobo for $5. Needless to say, it did not go using an overnight service. It was looked at and replaced at no charge.

Apparently the holy crap it just broke and the I dropped it on the garage floor kind of breaks are easy to tell apart. At least that is what I was told when I brought my WiFi into my local Chapters store and they replaced it on the spot.
They're really easy to tell apart, the "It just broke" is a bunch of uniform lines running in one direction. A '' I dropped it'' break has a bunch of jagged lines leading to what looks like a crack. The demo at Wal-Mart looks like some one pushed both their thumbs into the middle.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Any specs on the battery? any label or printed numbers on the side not shown that might make it easier to find a replacement?
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo dismantled