Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #61
hapipiko
hapipiko
hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: first iLiad V2 (now retired) Kobo touch, samsung galaxy tab
2.12 works

version 2.12 works with Minimo after I changed the script ..
I just visited Google and tried to see my Gmail...but then collapsed...
I try to change more in the script...
Like i changed the Panelsize from Dillo into Large...

on and off seems to be the same as Dillo
Dillo is much faster but cant do any webmail

Minimo is much slower but I hope I can enter Hotmail or Gmail...

BTW: how to exit Minimo?
hapipiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #62
Mizuhito
Mizuhito began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Font

How can I enlarge the font size of minimo?
Mizuhito is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 05:33 AM   #63
eeidpar
eeidpar began at the beginning.

Talking Minimo updates

Hi Adam,
Great job with the porting . Just got my iLiad 2 days ago and getting around to trying to install the various applications. I've tried to install minimo port but just got the message, "Firmware 2.11 is needed, you iLiad has got 2.12" . Obviously this is firmware mismatch. Any idea when/if you would have a binary for the 2.12 release. If you need any info etc from me don't hesitate to mail. Hopefully given a bit of time i'll get up to speed with the porting side and start contributing where I can.
/eeidpar
eeidpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:56 AM   #64
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
See post #53 in this thread.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #65
jamad
jamad began at the beginning.

Now Minimo is my best browser to check gmail on iLiad.

Hi,
Once I gave up using Minimo as I felt forever to wait gmail appear on the screen.
But I have come up with an idea to use mobile version of google services.

After checked http://m.google.com/ and http://www.google.com/m/ig , Minimo became my best browser.
I recommend to register that URL as homepage via its preference and to zoom up a bit.

I hope this info helps someone who loves Google services.

Last edited by jamad; 09-16-2008 at 03:07 PM.
jamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #66
hapipiko
hapipiko
hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

gmail and minimo

Yes I know, I tried earlyer
but still slowly slowy
so does not work for me, and I do not Fancy Google services:
I keep my secrets for myself
Old 10-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #67
abolourian
abolourian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad v2 2.12
Minimo doesn't work for me on version 2.12. After I install it, I go to MMC Application folder and when I click on it, the page just refreshes. Even after I click on wireless icon in the toolbar at the bottom and then I click on Minimo again, the same thing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
abolourian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #68
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by abolourian View Post
Minimo doesn't work for me on version 2.12. After I install it, I go to MMC Application folder and when I click on it, the page just refreshes. Even after I click on wireless icon in the toolbar at the bottom and then I click on Minimo again, the same thing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
It can be made to work on 2.12.

First question: do you get anything on the screen or is it completely blank. Even when I'm having it hang over lack of network, I at least get some screen annotations, e.g. little arrows in the top left-hand corner of the screen. If you are not even getting that, then I'd hazard that either the install failed, or somehow there is another program called minimo you are running. On mine, Minimo has the subtitle "Mozilla Based Web Browser" and "Size: 33.4MB", and lives in a folder called Programs that is created by the install process.

If you do get some annotations on the screen, try using the stylus to click on the centre of the screen and see if anything happens.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #69
abolourian

Quote:
On mine, Minimo has the subtitle "Mozilla Based Web Browser" and "Size: 33.4MB", and lives in a folder called Programs that is created by the install process.
Thanks for the answer LazyScot. I got the same Programs folder with Minimo under it and I think Minimo installation created another folder called "Connection Manager" too that has LAN/WIFI ON and LAN/WIFI OFF under it. Basically I just got my iLiad v2 and Minimo was the first app I installed.

When I run it, it just refreshes the page after a few moments like i never tried to run it. Oh, by the way is it a problem that I installed it on a 256MB SanDisk SD card ?

Another question is that, I couldn't find anywhere how I can uninstall it. Neither Minimo or any other application. What should I do to uninstall it completely?

Last edited by abolourian; 10-29-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #70
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, to me it sounds a little like something is missing or not installed and minimo is not running properly. (Mine's a v1, but I don't believe that should cause any problems.)

I'd recommend installing mrxvt (which will give you an X terminal on the screen) and dropbear (which will allow you to log onto your iliad from another computer) on your iliad. Running mrxvt will give you a root shell, so be careful, but will allow you to "explore". Use shell commands to change to the directory that minimo is installed in, and then change into the minimo directory. You should see a file error.txt, which will hopefully contain some useful info. Try a "cat error.txt" to see if it is useful info.

If there is nothing useful, you can try running minimo from mrxvt via "./run.sh", but that can result in two programs fighting for the screen (if minimo doesn't end as it has normally for you). Better is to use dropbear to start up an ssh server, and then log into the iliad from something like putty on windows (you'll need to start the network up, and then use mrxvt to check the IP address of your iliad). In fact, I generally use putty/dropbear when debugging/playing.

If you want to remove minimo, just delete the minimo directory (well that's what I've done). I think it also installs a new libX11, but I don't believe that causes any problems. Perhaps someone else can comment on removing minimo.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #71
LazyScot
DSil

Opps. Forgot to answer your other question.

Quote:
Oh, by the way is it a problem that I installed it on a 256MB SanDisk SD card ?
I've only installed it on the "main" memory by copying the installation through the USB, but I don't believe it should be an issue -- I have run other programs happily from an SD card.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #72
abolourian

Everything started to work fine as soon as I got rid of SD card and used internal memory.

Now that I have it running, I wonder if anyone could make bookmark to work. The question is how to actviate contextual menu.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #73
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
Everything started to work fine as soon as I got rid of SD card and used internal memory.
Strange. Mut try and reproduce that sometime.
Quote:
Now that I have it running, I wonder if anyone could make bookmark to work. The question is how to actviate contextual menu.
Sorry, but I've no idea how to do the equivalent of a right-click to activate the contextual menu.

Consequently I've not used bookmarks. My work-around is if you select the address bar, and then active the keyboard, you can type in URLs to the address bar. Generally it remembers these and you can select them by tapping the down arrow at the top right corner. So I use that instead.

If you have a wacom pen with buttons there is a thread here that talks about adding support for this which I guess would allow a right-click to access the contextual menu. I've not done this, so I can't help you here (and you would need a different stylus anyway).

Alternatively, you could just edit up (or copy) an appropriate file into the relevant place in the minimo hierarchy (not sure what that is).
Old 10-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #74
hapipiko
hapipiko

folder minimo

go to a minimo folder with only text in in and change version 2.1o in to 2.12
that s it!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #75
genekoo
genekoo began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Be careful of hidden chars

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeidpar View Post
Hi Adam,
Great job with the porting . Just got my iLiad 2 days ago and getting around to trying to install the various applications. I've tried to install minimo port but just got the message, "Firmware 2.11 is needed, you iLiad has got 2.12" . Obviously this is firmware mismatch. Any idea when/if you would have a binary for the 2.12 release. If you need any info etc from me don't hesitate to mail. Hopefully given a bit of time i'll get up to speed with the porting side and start contributing where I can.
/eeidpar
I ran into this problem when I used Wordpad. Turns out I deleted a hidden character. In Windows, try Notepad instead.
genekoo is offline   Reply With Quote