Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #46
EdwardHamer
EdwardHamer began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Adam,
Many thanks. See, told you I was probably being thick!
EdwardHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #47
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaoula View Post
Hi Adam,

Do you know if SSL works. I managed to install Minimo using the installer available here but I seem unable to access SSL protected sites such as Gmail and Google Reader.

Kind Regards,
Tarek
When I made the installer, SSL seemed to work fine.

When accessing a page like Gmail, it may take a long time to load. Eventually, it'll tell you that the script is not responding and ask if you want to stop it. Make sure you hit continue, it should then finish loading.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #48
King Mook Mook
King Mook Mook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Can anyone make a flash plugin for minimo? I think that would expand what it could do alot.

King Mook Mook
King Mook Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:29 AM   #49
King Mook Mook
King Mook Mook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Version?

I was just wondering what version of Minimo this is?

Thanks for your help in advance
King Mook Mook
King Mook Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #50
smallrod
smallrod began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Greats !!! Thanks Adam .
It really works ! It surprised me .
But it is a pity that can't show Chinese charactors .
Is there any solution ?
smallrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #51
irex.shanghai
irex.shanghai began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Thanks for such a great program! That certainly makes me happy for the money spent on this device.

One question: why the font size is small that it would strain my eyes, even if when browsing website like www.nytimes.com? Any idea to change it?

Thanks,
irex.shanghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #52
csaba911
csaba911 began at the beginning.

Device: Illiad
Reverting to v 2.11 to run minimo

Hi Adam, Hi you all,
I want to install minimo but have already upgraded to version 2.12.
The installer of course won't let me do that. Maybe this is off topic . But you guys can point me to the right direction.
How can I revert / reflash to version 2.11 or should I wait for a new minimo version ?
csaba911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #53
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Minimo on 2.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaba911 View Post
Hi Adam, Hi you all,
I want to install minimo but have already upgraded to version 2.12.
The installer of course won't let me do that. Maybe this is off topic . But you guys can point me to the right direction.
How can I revert / reflash to version 2.11 or should I wait for a new minimo version ?
I think all you need to do is change the file Firmware_Script to contain "2.12" rather than "2.11". At least I've just had to try this and it seems to work, though I've not yet checked that the various files don't break anything else. If my Iliad doesn't break over the next few days, and people want, I'll try and provide a zip of the code (though to be honest the edit is easy in notepad or vi on whatever machine you unzip the package one).
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 AM   #54
csaba911
csaba911 began at the beginning.

Device: Illiad
I understand that. I did that already. But the thing is it's not working with 2.12 I believe. I can't navigate ,enter a url . I even have to take out the CF card to finish the program.
That's why I am asking if anybody was able to get it to work?
csaba911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #55
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
It seems to be working for me, though, I've not done a lot of experiments with it. Most of the problems I'm having are down to accessing the wireless network I'm using. I have noticed that it can be very slow -- I think this is something to do with the IP stack and routing. Sometimes things have been improved by replacing the default route (i.e. doing a "route del default gw XXXXX; route add default gw XXXX" where XXX is the appropriate IP address.

However, I'd managed to brick my iLiad just before this (fortunately the CF Flash worked to recover this), so it might be that there is something hanging around for you from before, or that was not installed by the script. You should be able to extract the data from the .ipk (it's an ar file containing some tar.gz, IIRC), and check to see if the stuff to be installed is all there, and the directories created by the preinst script in one of the tars have been created okay. Painful, I know, but it may point at the problem.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #56
Kiba
Kiba began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I'm interested by minimo, dillo can't do some actions I need :
- download files
- upload files with a form

Can minimo do that ?

Thanks
Kiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 AM   #57
Kiba

I've tried to download a .zip file, minimo asked me if I want to open or register it, I choose register, but I doesn't have progression bar, or file in minimo directory.

Must I do something to allow download ?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #58
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
You have to unzip the file on your computer than copy it to the iLiad. If you don't have an unzipping program, search for 7zip.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #59
Kiba

Thanks for your answer, but I need to download the .zip with minimo, and not only copy using usb. I need download some files from a server, and I would send in a .zip file, but I can use tar.gz. The problem is to download the file. When I've clicked on the link, I got the window that asked if I would write on le hard disk or open with an other software. And if I chose Write on disk, nothing appends after :/

So, do I need configure something ?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #60
hapipiko
hapipiko
hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: first iLiad V2 (now retired) Kobo touch, samsung galaxy tab
2.11 or 2.12..?

Lazyscot says:

I think all you need to do is change the file Firmware_Script to contain "2.12" rather than "2.11".

i have an iLiad V2 version 2.12..just rewrite the script, or is there by now another release?
hapipiko is offline   Reply With Quote