Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #151
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ogcjm - sorry for the delay. I see what you mean, I haven't ever noticed it as I don't ever choose the option to overwrite authors but sure enough it happens with that book you helpfully provided a link for. I will see if I can figure out a fix.

Edit: Ok, I see the problem. Goodreads must have changed their website to use a ligature for the ellipsis now, so it is … instead of ... (I already had code in the plugin to handle this situation, but not for that type of ellipsis). New version up soon...

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-03-2013 at 08:51 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #152
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.1.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for Goodreads change for when large number of authors to ensure more.../less... is removed correctly
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #153
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
I started noticing a bunch of errors for some of the book covers in log. Here's an example:

Quote:
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?sear...e=books&search[query]=9780307814197
ISBN match location: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13534250-courtroom-302'
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13534250-courtroom-302'
Error parsing cover for url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13534250-courtroom-302'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.worker", line 165, in parse_details
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.worker", line 330, in parse_cover
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
File "site-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
URLError:

************************************************** ******************************
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #154
china_b
china_b began at the beginning.

Device: Apple/Kindle
Can not install Goodreads Plugin

If I am posting this in the wrong place I apologize. I tried searching for my error and did not see anything. I was unable to install Goodreads plugin. I uninstalled Calibre and started all over. All of the other plugins I wanted, I installed with no issue. However I received the following error when I tried Goodreads. Can you please advise? Thank you!!

calibre, version 0.9.24
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 159, in load
File "lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 714, in __init__
File "lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 748, in _GetContents
File "lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 763, in _RealGetContents
BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
china_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #155
china_b
china_b began at the beginning.

Device: Apple/Kindle
Finally got the manual work load og plugin to work. It kept giving me errors also. I'm all set now. Thank you.
china_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #156
fridgey
fridgey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
So I've recently been having a fair number of searches fail, on books big enough that I was fairly confident goodreads would have decent data on. For example, this book just came up empty for me, with this response:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.29
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'authors': [u'Aimee Carter'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9780373210459'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Goddess Interrupted'} 
Using plugins: Goodreads 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Goodreads ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)')] 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 1.21010184288 
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?search_type=books&search[query]=9780373210459
ISBN match location: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12637490-goddess-interrupted'
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12637490-goddess-interrupted'
Could not find title/authors/goodreads id for u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12637490-goddess-interrupted'
Goodreads: u'12637490' Title: None Authors: None 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 1.54 seconds 
The longest time (1.210102) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
So, to try and get around it, I put the goodreads:12637490 ID in manually, and run again, still failure:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.29
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

{u'authors': [u'Aimee Carter'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9780373210459', u'goodreads': u'12637490'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Goddess Interrupted'} 

Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)')] 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 1.06321001053 
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12637490'
Could not find title/authors/goodreads id for u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12637490'
Goodreads: u'12637490' Title: None Authors: None 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 1.32 seconds 
The longest time (1.063210) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
And it says it can't find title/authors from the book page, though from what I'm seeing it looks perfectly filled out. So I try putting in the ID of another edition, and it magically works just fine. So I assume some sort of glitch on a few of the edition pages, which now that I understand I can work around easily enough, but I don't recall this being an issue before and I'm seeing it often enough I thought I'd bring it to your attention
fridgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #157
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

fridgey - working perfectly fine for me. I tried an empty book with just the isbn:9780373210459 and got a match. I also tried with no ISBN but an author of "Aimee Carter" and a title of "Goddess Interrupted" and that got me a match too.

Perhaps one of the Goodreads servers was having problems or something which you were unlucky to hit.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #158
fridgey
fridgey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Interesting, works fine for me now too... well, their servers certainly have problems often enough for that to be the case. *shrug* Thanks for taking a look at it anyway
fridgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #159
Forncz
Forncz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy Cannot download covers anymore

Started to make problems yesterday, does not work since.
Metadata download ok.
In the error message there is only
bookname (failed cover).
Forncz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #160
Forncz

log

#################### Log for Veronika se rozhodla zemřít ####################
{u'authors': [u'Paulo Coelho'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'8072032704', u'goodreads': u'9226778'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Veronika se rozhodla zem\u0159\xedt'}

Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.78 Safari/532.5')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 8.59300017357

---
Title : Veronika Se Rozhodla Zemřít
Author(s) : Paulo Coelho
Publisher : Argo
Tags : Contemporary, Philosophy, Psychology, Romance, Spirituality, Inspirational, Mystery
Rating : 1.8
Published : 1998-01-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:8072032704, goodreads:9226778
Comments :
Mladá Slovinka Veronika se z omrzelosti nad stále stejným životem i z pocitu vlastní zbytečnosti rozhodne spáchat sebevraždu. Ve svém dosavadním životě se vždy snažila dělat to, co od ní očekávali druzí, neměla odvahu naplnit svou vnitřní touhu a riskovat neúspěch. Teprve když se v sanatoriu pro duševně choré dozví po nezdařené sebevraždě, že má poškozené srdce a že pomalu umírá, probudí se v ní instinktivní vůle k přežití a Veronika začne o svůj život bojovat v prostředí lidí, kteří jsou úředně potvrzenými „blázny”. Při vyprávění Veroničina příběhu se světoznámý brazilský autor opírá o vlastní zážitky z dospívání z riodejaneirské psychiatrické léčebny.

Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9226778'

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 8.60 seconds
The longest time (8.593000) was taken by: Goodreads
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 1.81 seconds

****************************** Goodreads Covers ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.78 Safari/532.5')]
Failed to download valid cover
Took 5.88800001144 seconds
No cached cover found, running identify
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9226778'
No cover found

Old 06-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #161
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It appears that Goodreads does not have a cover for that ISBN.

That is not a calibre 'failure'.

Configure more than 1 (language relevant) search source for images.

Try other methods to obtain a cover image. Like using the 'Search the Internet' plugin (I use the search Google for Images choice, with good luck) and drag the image I like to the cover area in Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #162
Forncz

Unhappy Cannot download covers anymore

Hi. Sorry, maybe I do something wrong, but goodreads does have the cover.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...rozhodla-zem-t
I have linked it specifically with this edition.
I can download the cover manually, no problem. Since yesterday I could have done it with this great plugin.
Sorry for making troubles.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #163
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You are not making trouble. You reported an issue (and you did some research ).
Sites do change and the plugins may need adjustment from time to time.

If you have these kinds of troubles, be sure to update the associated plugin and Calibre.

If the update CAUSES the issue and a rollback to the previous version does not: Raise the flag by posting here (for plugins) and filing a bug report if it is the Base Calibre that seems to be the issue.

There are many-many pieces that must fit together perfectly for all to work
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #164
jeremysnana
jeremysnana began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd Generation, Fire
I too have trouble retrieving covers from Goodreads. I was getting them until a few days ago, but now it won't retrieve. I get a message that says failed cover.
jeremysnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #165
Forncz

Reported bug in Calibre plugin for goodreads download of covers

It seems, that covers can not be downloaded in many cases, in comparison to few days ago.
Tested with both (latest) versions of calibre. Seems, it is not the source of problem.
As the plugin was not uploaded, it is with high probability also not the source of issue, the source seems to be on Goodreads, they probably did some changes few days ago (I would say two days).
Please investigate, this is maximum from user-point of view. I am not programmer.

Tags
goodreads, metadata