Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Trouble w structure detection

Hi,
I'm trying to convert a ePub I've edited in Sigil to Mobi, using Calibre 0.7.23, for use on my Kindle v3. The problem I'm having is with the structure detection - at least, I assume that's what creates the ticks on the horizontal progress bar on the Kindle.

I've tried a number of things: adding "chapter" to the class of the containing tags and using //*[@class="chapter"] for the 'detect chapters' pattern, even adding just an <hr /> before each chapter and using //h:hr. Neither works.

I do have some divisions in the converted Mobi, but they are not where I want and I don't see the pattern in their creation. Is there some voodoo to this? It seems so simple from the documentation, I don't understand what I'm missing.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Jeff
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the marks depend on the creation a correct TOC. You have to setup the TOC detection options to properly detect the chapters in your input document.

The creation af a TOC is separate from the detection of chapters. usually detected chapters become a TOC, but not always. So it best to set the level1 TC detection expression also.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert