Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
What Website are American eReader Owners Most Likely to Visit?

Just heard about this research data that was just released by GfK MRI in their Survey of The American Consumer.

http://www.gfkmri.com/assets/PR/GfKM..._EReaders3.htm

So did you guess which website ereader owners are most likely to visit? (aside from mobileread of course )

LinkedIN!

And also on the list, Twitter and Facebook. So this data suggests ereader owners are very likely to also visit social networking sites.

They also found that we were more like to have college degrees, earn over $100,000/year, and be between the ages of 35-44.

All in all, is anyone really surprised?
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLee View Post
Just heard about this research data that was just released by GfK MRI in their Survey of The American Consumer.

http://www.gfkmri.com/assets/PR/GfKM..._EReaders3.htm

So did you guess which website ereader owners are most likely to visit? (aside from mobileread of course )

LinkedIN!

And also on the list, Twitter and Facebook. So this data suggests ereader owners are very likely to also visit social networking sites.

They also found that we were more like to have college degrees, earn over $100,000/year, and be between the ages of 35-44.

So people with disposable income are likely to buy expensive toys. No shock there.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have edited the title of this thread to reflect the fact that this survey is only talking about what American owners of eBook readers do.

I must admit that I've never even heard of "Linkedin".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
What is LinkedIn - off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
...I must admit that I've never even heard of "Linkedin".
I only discovered LinkedIn recently through several former colleagues inviting me to join, which I have. It's a professional networking site for people to link up with other people most likely to use or recommend their services - and uses common factors like same schools and universities attended, employment at the same company and one's own e-mail contact list to "find" others to invite and link to. A sort of "grown-up" social networking site?
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLee View Post

Not at all.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I must admit that I've never even heard of "Linkedin".
Tongue-in-cheek Harry?
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm with Harry, and I am American. Never heard of Linkedin until this post.

I don't use Twitter, Facebook or Myspace. I am a college graduate, but I don't make close to $100,000 ...and well, I'm not in that age demographic either!

'Course, that's just me.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
I am an American eReader owner (why does that sound like "True Confessions?) I've heard of LinkedIn, and used it one. I've also heard of Twitter, and wouldn't be tweeting anytime soon.
I also will never see the other side of 50 again, and my income may be lowering the averages for the rest of you.

Last edited by Poppa1956; 06-17-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: When I want to be supportive of businesses, why do businesses keep making the other guys' arguments more and more plausible?
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #9
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I fit the demographic, but I don't social network. I was on LinkedIn about six years ago, but dropped out.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:58 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
gosh - I'm in the wrong country ! A degree & $100,000 per year !

me thinks the sample was biased, somewhat ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #11
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I'm in the right country and just barely in the age range. I seem to have missed the income schedule as though. Of course that might be because I don't have a face book page, haven't twitted in years, and visit my linked in page once every few months.

In general though I'm not terribly surprised that people that own eReaders are educated and make a decent amount of money.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
As above, I fit in only one piece of the demographic, the college degree! I haven't been that young nor made that kind of money in a long time. Was there a category for "one foot over the grave and the other on a banana peel?"
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
... or one hand on the zimmer frame ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #14
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I'm with Harry, and I am American. Never heard of Linkedin until this post.

I don't use Twitter, Facebook or Myspace. I am a college graduate, but I don't make close to $100,000 ...and well, I'm not in that age demographic either!

'Course, that's just me.

I with Harry and FizzyWater. I can't look at these sites at work and have better things to do when I am home... like read a book maybe?? lol

However I do agree you most likely need to have enough income to permit buying the e-reader / pda/ smart phone/netbook type device in the 1st place.
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do use Facebook, never heard of LinkedIn and cannot stand Twitter. I have a Twitter account that sits dormant because I don't like Twitter. The odd thing is, total strangers want to follow me on Twitter when I'm not posting a single thing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote