Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Broken Screen

Help!!! Accidently sat on my Jetbook yesterday and broke the screen. I've only had it 2 weeks, and I love it, but I'm trying to locate a source for the screen. Searched all over the Internet yesterday trying all kinds of combinations on the screen type, with little or no luck. Anyone have ANY idea where I can locate a screen for it?

Thanks,
Dan
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I think your best bet is to see if Ectaco can replace it for you (for a fee, or...?)

But, here's a link to the manufacturer's site.

http://www.tmdisplay.com/tm_dsp/en/index.html

Hard to find the exact display in their catalog! I'm not even so sure that it can be ordered except in mass quantities. Maybe you can find a used Chinese reader or something and swap out the screen yourself.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Thank You!

Kralik, thanks so much for the info, never thought about looking for a used Chinese one, but that's a great suggestion.

And I'm checking out the link to the LCD maker's sight even as I type.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Any luck?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
dpayment
Connoisseur

Thumbs down Broken screen = permanently dead

Tried every avenue I could think of, but no luck. Removed my books from the memory, removed the battery and the rest is now history.

Dan
Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
Tried every avenue I could think of, but no luck. Removed my books from the memory, removed the battery and the rest is now history.

Dan
Wait, you can't replace the screen if you found another one that was broke because of something other than the screen?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
dpayment
Connoisseur

Cool Broken screen = permanently dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Wait, you can't replace the screen if you found another one that was broke because of something other than the screen?
Tried that, did so many searches on word combinations looking for broken devices, etc. that my fingers nearly wore out. One of life's little lessons, I guess.

Decided to go with a new SmartQ 7, much less expensive and much more functional, and I don't have any problems with reading an LCD. Plus it'll be nice to read magazines & comics in colour.

Thanks for the thoughts,
Dan
Old 10-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
Tried that, did so many searches on word combinations looking for broken devices, etc. that my fingers nearly wore out. One of life's little lessons, I guess.

Decided to go with a new SmartQ 7, much less expensive and much more functional, and I don't have any problems with reading an LCD. Plus it'll be nice to read magazines & comics in colour.

Thanks for the thoughts,
Dan
I wish I could get my hands on broke stuff like that. After fixing a few phones and ipods, my tinkerer bug is on high.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Darn! I broke my screen this weekend too !!!!

Dropped it on a tile floor from the arm of a chair. Didn't make any noise or anything. Seemed like a mild fall, but when I picked it up the screen was broken!! So sad !!
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did these dropped Jetbooks have covers?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did these dropped Jetbooks have covers?
more than likely not.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #12
dpayment
Connoisseur

Unhappy Mine did!

I had mine in the case (ALWAYS keep it in the case!) when I sat on it, but that didn't help. Just not made to take 200+ lbs of me.

Dan
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #13
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
No, no cover on mine. It was going commando.

Matthew
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote