Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #76
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The key to understanding Texans is the same key necessary for understanding non-Texans. Unfortunately, I accidentally dropped that key in the john last week and it's on its way to the Gulf at this very moment. Sorry. You may return to your fightin' and scrappin'.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #77
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Oh, sorry... wasn't my James West dandy with the Federales stance and twang obvious enough? Maybe I should go back to my private train, have a brandy and rethink this discussion a bit.

Let's see: I distract Ralph, while Artie sneaks behind enemy lines dressed as a bus boy from Coyote Ugly and infiltrates General Cavendish's headquarters, in order to steal the plans for the Giant Steam Man and prevent its being deployed on the Oklahoma border. Prodding Ralph causes him to threaten to secede, which draws Cavendish out into the open in order to prevent his plans from leaking out prematurely. Then, with the help of that mysterious masked man with his stoopidly-expensive bullets and his faithful Indian companion, we bushwack 'em and bring them to justice.

Mmm... nope... the plan seems to be working!

(Now... gotta find a woman to kiss, then punch her before she knifes me in the back... and then, back to business!)

Oh, look... there's chocolate everywhere...
The masked man is from Texas, and his commission is from the state of Texas. I don't think he'd be shooting his fellow peaceful citizen. I think there's some questions over who's infiltrating who....(I discussed this with Artie, after I took the gag out. He seem to be real talkative when I pointed out that he could perform in the SxSW festival...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #78
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
The masked man is from Texas, and his commission is from the state of Texas. I don't think he'd be shooting his fellow peaceful citizen. I think there's some questions over who's infiltrating who....(I discussed this with Artie, after I took the gag out. He seem to be real talkative when I pointed out that he could perform in the SxSW festival...)
Hah! Have you heard him speak? With that East Coast accent? That man might have had a Ranger's commission, but he was a defender of the Union! Why, I saw him save President Grant from Cavendish, after Cavendish kidnapped him and threatened to execute him for crimes against the state!

Besides, who said he was gonna shoot anybody? Have you ever priced a silver bullet? You don't go shootin' them at just anybody!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #79
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Here two interesting articles about Texas :

California Vs Texas :
http://www.economist.com/displayStor...ry_id=13990207

Lone Star Rising :
http://www.economist.com/specialrepo...ry_id=13938917

As a side note, as an European, If I was to choose a US state to move in, it would probably be Texas.
Texas do have a lot of problems, like every states, but on the balance it's offer the most opportunities. And Texans people are actually quite friendly. This is after traveling and living a bit in several states.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #80
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hah! Have you heard him speak? With that East Coast accent? That man might have had a Ranger's commission, but he was a defender of the Union! Why, I saw him save President Grant from Cavendish, after Cavendish kidnapped him and threatened to execute him for crimes against the state!

Besides, who said he was gonna shoot anybody? Have you ever priced a silver bullet? You don't go shootin' them at just anybody!
All part of the infiltration plan.......

As for the silver bullets. He mined them himself. (He sold the gold for supplies.)

(And yes, gold and silver have been found in Texas. But we don't normally tell the Yankees where....)
Old 08-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #81
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Yes, and it worked perfectly. After all, he was working in Texas, just like we wanted him to be. Nyah-hah-hah!

Quote:
(And yes, gold and silver have been found in Texas. But we don't normally tell the Yankees where....)
Not enough fillings to go around, eh?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #82
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:

As for the silver bullets. He mined them himself. (He sold the gold for supplies.)

The yanks know where you are hiding it, in your 10 gallon hats.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #83
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Well, l'see.

A .45 Cal bullet weighs about 250 Grains. figger figger that's about 16 grams figger figger or one half OZ troy.

Silver spot price at close tonight was $15.05 so a .45 silver bullet would cast about $7.50.

A quick google for handgun ammo shows .45 cal cartridges selling for about a buck apiece.

So, silver bullets are going to come in at roughly an order of magnitude more spendy than regular old jacketed lead.

Well, I guess I might waste one on ole Cavendish, but I think I'll be sticking to lead for the horde of savage (fill in the blank)
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #84
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Well, l'see.

A .45 Cal bullet weighs about 250 Grains. figger figger that's about 16 grams figger figger or one half OZ troy.

Silver spot price at close tonight was $15.05 so a .45 silver bullet would cast about $7.50.

A quick google for handgun ammo shows .45 cal cartridges selling for about a buck apiece.

So, silver bullets are going to come in at roughly an order of magnitude more spendy than regular old jacketed lead.

Well, I guess I might waste one on ole Cavendish, but I think I'll be sticking to lead for the horde of savage (fill in the blank)

Now, now, we're just showin' Texas hospitality. If we have to shoot you, we make it worth your while. Helps with the burying bills......
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #85
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Not enough fillings to go around, eh?
Barely enough teeth to go around.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote