Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Zaesev
Zaesev began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
ver 1.1.01.25200 help please

I have ver 1.1.01.25200 and want to install prscustomizer but I've read that if I update to 1.1.00.18040 it might not work. So I was wondering if anyone knows where to get older firmware that will work with prscustomizer.
Zaesev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
1.1.01.25200 is higher than 1.1.00.18040 so I don't think it would be an update. Sounds more like a downgrade.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Zaesev

Is there a way to downgrade then?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:54 AM   #4
Zaesev

Okay. I figured this out. This is how I downgraded. I deleted all the files from the prs-505 and installed the older 1.1.00.18040 which I downloaded from here. Now everything works! I installed russian font and everything runs great!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bad idea to downgrade like that. You don't know what was new/fixed on the 505 with 1.1.01.25200.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
On the other hand, I expect that for the poster, the unicode fonts are more important!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaesev View Post
Okay. I figured this out. This is how I downgraded. I deleted all the files from the prs-505 and installed the older 1.1.00.18040 which I downloaded from here. Now everything works! I installed russian font and everything runs great!
Are you aware about http://www.the-ebook.org site? I believe you can find all the tools you need to have the latest firmware along with support of Russian.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #8
muse
Enthusiast
muse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with others

Device: Kobo H2O
Is there any updates on the function with this "new" firmware? Fixed bugs?

Or it is just a effort by Sony to limit the homebrews?

...gonna check my 505 when I arrives..
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
SergeM
SergeM began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
How and what to delete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaesev View Post

I have the same problem. I liked to use PRSCusomizer but failed because it complaints that I have different version: 1.101.25200. I tried also to downgrade to the older 1.1.00.18040 version but Sony upgrader refused to do that.

Could you give more details what did you do?
SergeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #10
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Hi,

I explained in this post how to do it, and gwynevans gave an even easier method (though I didn't test it).

Cheers,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #11
SergeM
SergeM began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Hi,

I explained in this post how to do it, and gwynevans gave an even easier method (though I didn't test it).

Cheers,
David.
Thanks, I used the second method with version number trick. It works well.

Thanks again,
Sergey
SergeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
What are the qualities of the different firmware versions? I understand that one can be a UK version vs a US version but has one been released more recently, does it contain bug fixes, etc?

Download links?
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
PJ45
PJ45 began at the beginning.

Device: Frs 505
Thank you DPieron for this suggestion I am going to try next!

but until now I experienced something I could not explain:
I had the same problem and tried to FORMAT THE PRS 505 drive. I was able to, I even checked the drive was blank, then tried to reinstall Sony update,(18040) still did not let me.
I reformated again and while the drive was empty I removed the 505 from the USB just to check if it was working..... like the phoenix raising from its ashes, the menu was still there lake before despite full formating !!!! nothing had changed,
still with the 25200 version. is that spooky or WHAT? I am puzzeled.
PJ45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #14
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
In fact the data space you're formatting (what you call "the PRS 505 drive") is only a small part of the PRS 505 memory. It's the user space partition, where you can store your books, photos and musics.
The firmware represents the system partition, with all the software that runs and drive the PRS 505 (e.g. the main menu, the Adobe Digital Edition reader, etc.)
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
PJ45
PJ45 began at the beginning.

Device: Frs 505
Thank you for your response. I was just trying to format it in order to install the sony update 85041 since your suggestion to change the code into eBookUpdater\scripts\updated.xml. does not work for me...
I followed your instructions to the letter:
can you please tell me what am I doing wrong:?
my version is 1.1.01.25200
I am trying the run the PRSCustomizer version 1.0.0..
(runnig the sony "upadate"software give my a grey square windows instead.

I understand your are replacing the full line with the same end of it ? so it's the same as erasing the begining << { this.checkmark.show(true) this.button.enable(false) this.container.setVariable("updateStatus", "This PRS-505 is up-to-date") } >> isn't it?
or should I keep the sign " {... } ' ???

this is what I replaced the whole you mentioned line with:

if (this.compareDeviceVersion(version)) {(this.checkmark.show(false) this.button.enable(true) this.container.setVariable("updateStatus", "Please click below to continue") }
PJ45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.1.01.25200, older firmware