Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tab M10
Question Reader Question

I am having a (super small) issue with an .epub I downloaded. (I downloaded it from Mobileread.) It's Barnaby Rudge by Dickens, and the editing work is excellent. However, if I open another book, and then come back to Barnaby, it opens to the cover page. Right now I'm trying to remember to bookmark, but I was wondering if this is an issue for others and if there is a fix.

I use a Nook color, which might be relevant. I also have Calibre and Sigil. I was wondering if I should use the Calibre convert function to convert from .epub to the Nook .epub.

Last edited by Lori Reeser; 02-22-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: more info for new forum
Lori Reeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I notice that sometimes with my NT, if I'm reading a book and press the N button, it doesn't always save my place. If I use the back swipe, it does.

Also, are you connecting to Calibre during these times it's not saving your place?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am not using Calibre to read the books. I am reading the book on my Nook Color. I just checked and this problem does NOT exist in Calibre (on my PC). It seems to be only happening on my Nook.

I was hoping that maybe I could use Calibre or Sigil to fix whatever is the problem. I have tried converting .epub to .epub in Calibre, but it didn't fix the problem.

Lori

Last edited by Lori Reeser; 02-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I wasn't suggesting you were reading them in Calibre, that's why I said "connecting to". The thought was maybe somehow the book was getting reloaded or just wiping out the little index file that keeps track of your place.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast

No, that doesn't seem to be happening. I checked the book using Sigil and found some issues with the pictures. I'm going to let the editor(?) who worked on it know because it's beyond my super basic skills.

Thanks for the input.
Lori
Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I have the Nook Tablet and the main reason I didn't stay on rooted stock instead of flashing CM10 actually was that the reader (that I really like! ) didn't keep my place in sideloaded books.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast

The Nook's been keeping track of all my other sideloaded books, and I've read quite a few in the last year.

Tags
epub, nook