Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
closing tags not auto-fixing

i am seeing different behaviours in 6.01 from 6.0

if I replace all
<p class= whatever
with <h2 class=whatever
across all files

then sigil no longer applies matching closing tags , instead it gives me tag errors to fix

all I did was install over 6.0 I did not alter any other preferences.

upate: i reinstalled 6.0 , tried same operation on same book - the same regex now works ok - closing tags are fixed as I want them to be, automatically

Last edited by cybmole; 12-03-2012 at 07:57 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You have to change your Preferences ->Clean Source options from "Pretty Print" to "Pretty Print Tidy" (which is the functional equivalent of what you had in 0.6). Users upgrading from 0.6 have to manually do this.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i thought it may be something like that,
perhaps add a warning to release notes re need to manually adjust ?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Users upgrading from 0.6 have to manually do this.
Hm... They shouldn't have too. The value should have been the same...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
FWIW -- I tried all 4 appearance options -- just replacing <i> with nothing, and I can't the 6.0 behaviour either

The 4 options all left the </i>

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>

<body>
  <p>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</p>

<p>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</p>

<p>xxxx used to have the opening tag xxxxxxxxx</i></p>
</body>
</html>
[Fix Automatically] does, after I read the warning I don't like to use it if it's just one or two things

Paul

Last edited by phossler; 12-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I think I just proved otherwise. this is with the 64bit windows build

PS I re-installed 6.01, changed that preference, re-tested - it is OK after the manual change
Old 12-04-2012, 03:50 AM   #7
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
No, the config file value stored for "Pretty Print" in 0.6 is what you used for "Pretty Print" in 0.6.1, rather than for the equivalent of "Pretty Print Tidy". I did mention this in an email ages ago, and in response I think you changed the default value for new users (with no sigil.ini) to be Pretty Print Tidy rather than changing the mapping of the config file value.

I have verified this btw, if you have both 0.6 and 0.6.1, start up 0.6, make sure it is set to "Pretty Print", exit and start 0.6.1 and it stays at "Pretty Print".
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I think I just proved otherwise. this is with the 64bit windows build
Same here (Windwos version and behaviour).
Had to change it manually.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
FWIW -- I tried all 4 appearance options -- just replacing <i> with nothing, and I can't the 6.0 behaviour either
Hmmm - do I set something else to get the closing tag 'fixed'?

Paul
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote