Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #316
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Your sentence is unclear. Do you have the same "Image Wrapper" problem with 0.8.26?
Same problem with 0.8.26
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #317
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
Same problem with 0.8.26
Fix isn't in 0.8.26, so you have to wait for 0.8.27, sorry.

Kovid, thanks for looking at that. I wouldn't have been very good at catching it myself, due to the lack of familiarity with the Calibre interfaces (or without Tuttle's update on the bug that helped nail down a way to reproduce it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I can see how they may have done a better job coding the creation and error handling of the books.db file. I guess some odd glitch could have corrupted the file in a similar manner and when it found number out of range it should have scanned the card and built a fresh books.db file. If they had done this your problem would have been different, either way I'm sure Kolenka will sort out the needed numbering required for the SD card.
Here's the full scoop on the problem if you are interested:

- The T1 has two different books.db files. One on the internal partition, one on the SD card.
- The T1 loads and "merges" the two databases into a single entity/thing in the homescreen application.
- To ensure all ids are unique, the books.db for internal memory is given the the 0-2^32 range (0-4 billion). The books.db for the SD card is given the 4-8 billion range.

SQLite uses a special SQL table to tell it what id# to use next. The T1 creates the books.db file on the SD card and will configure this special SQL table to start at: (2^32+1).

The bug is that for some reason, the T1 isn't always doing this special configuration. But the driver assumes it has been done, and lets the database figure out what id# to use. If it hasn't, then you get two "0" ids.

And as above, since the T1 merges the two databases, the two books with '0' as their id collide and cause the symptoms.

I haven't had much time to spend in my code editor of choice lately to write up the work-around, but it is on my list to do in the next couple days. I suspect the Sony software will check for the special configuration before writing new entries (and fix the configuration if needed). I'll need to do similar in the Calibre driver.

EDIT: It is kinda interesting that Sony assumes you cannot fit more than 4 billion books into their 2GB internal memory. At least they are right that you can't.

Last edited by Kolenka; 11-15-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #318
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Fix isn't in 0.8.26, so you have to wait for 0.8.27, sorry.
No problem.

I only wanted to mention in which version I tested.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #319
justloveebooks
Enthusiast
justloveebooks began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Kindle Voyage 2x,Sony PRS-T1 rooted,Sony Prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
not the SETTINGS
As SETTINGS is read-only, and only the Sony-Reader-Software for Windows and Mac OS X is on that volume, it should make no difference if it is just unplugged without being unmounted.
justloveebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #320
Tuttle
Tuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTuttle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

I can confirm that the issue with automatic cover refreshing and non-Calibre'd ebooks on the T1 seems fixed in 0.8.27.
Tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #321
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuttle View Post
I can confirm that the issue with automatic cover refreshing and non-Calibre'd ebooks on the T1 seems fixed in 0.8.27.
Glad to hear it. I am always uncomfortble writing code I cannot test.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #322
justloveebooks
Enthusiast
justloveebooks began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Kindle Voyage 2x,Sony PRS-T1 rooted,Sony Prs-505
Re: #248 - @CedroRosso (and also #241 - @Scott Nielsen)
First keep in mind that some processes on the PRS-T1 are running in the background.
Have you tried a complete shutdown (power off)/power on cycle?
That has helped for me, rebuilding the database.
In the messages in this thread (try to read all) there was mentioned that the device is for a lengthy time unresponsive after power on, due to a rescan/rebuild of the database, which seems to happen, wether necessary or not.

Last edited by justloveebooks; 11-19-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Due to late date, answer not in right place in the thread
justloveebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #323
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquep View Post
I admit that at moments I have felt uneasy thinking that I was "the only one" with corrupted SD card data, that perhaps I was wrong after all.
The same 'click to open a book on my card, a book on my device(sony t1) opened' happened to me too. Absolutely freaked me out!! I just removed the book that wouldn't open, re-sent it, and it worked fine. I haven't tried opening any other books yet to see if happened on any others. Just too hectic around here to mess with it right now.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #324
requiem_mortis
requiem_mortis began at the beginning.

Collections issue and questions

Hi I have a few questions I hope you can help,

1) When sending books to device using 'tags' for collections on the device plugin; the collections are created but are not populated until I send the books again, at which point they get populated. Is this correct behaviour ?

2) Can the device plugin use metadata 'genre' as an option to create and populate collections instead of 'tags' ?

3) I have a 'collection' on 'Internal Memory' which is displayed with an icon that looks like a 3 book stack with left/right arrows on it which I can neither delete rename or add content to. How do I clear the issue to allow me to create 'Internal' memory collections that work ?

4) Is it possible to create collections on the device and then have Calibre populate them if a 'tag' matches it without having calibre create new collections ?

Last edited by requiem_mortis; 11-22-2011 at 11:54 AM.
requiem_mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #325
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
1) Mine get created the first time
2) Yes - just customize the Sony PRS-T1 device interface plugin to say what generates collections.
3) Not sure what is happening here
4) If you mean add to existing collections, then I do this all the time

It might be worth checking whether you have Automatic Metadata Management set under Preferences->Sending Books to Device. I do, so my answers are in that context.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #326
requiem_mortis

@itimpi

Thanks for the swift reply

1) Mine get created they just don't get populated first time around
2) ...err how do I do that...I tried just putting in 'genre' in place of 'tags' in the device plugin but it didn't work
3) neither am I
4) I tried creating a couple of collections and then sending books which had the tag but the collections weren't updated

My preference was for updating metadata was Manual, I'll try Automatic
Old 11-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #327
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem_mortis View Post
2) ...err how do I do that...I tried just putting in 'genre' in place of 'tags' in the device plugin but it didn't work
If genre is a custom column (which it probably is), you should use the column lookup name "#genre" instead of the column heading "genre", the same name you would use to search for values in this column.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #328
requiem_mortis

@chaley

Thankyou that works a treat even comes up with (genre) appended to the collection title which I quite like...as it differentiates it from the series collections.

Still have the problem that collections get created but are not populated until I eject and then reconnect the device so that the meta data is synced again.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #329
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem_mortis View Post
Still have the problem that collections get created but are not populated until I eject and then reconnect the device so that the meta data is synced again.
Did you change it to Automatic management yet?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #330
requiem_mortis

@dwanthy

Hi...Yes Metadata Management is set to Automatic management and I still have the same issue of collections being created but not populated until second sync.