Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Foundation Trilogy Available At Internet Archive [AUDIO FORMAT]

Hope this is the right place to post this link. For those interested in getting it Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy is available in audio format at the Internet Archive. It is a 215meg download in mp3format and a couple of others. Here is the link: http://www.archive.org/details/Isaac...ndationTrilogy

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-11-2010 at 05:10 AM.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ah, it's the good old BBC version. Note that this is a dramatisation of the trilogy, in 8 1h episodes. It's very, very good (I've had it for years), but it is a dramatisation, NOT a reading of the original books.

Very well worth listening to!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctol View Post
Hope this is the right place to post this link. For those interested in getting it Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy is available in audio format at the Internet Archive. It is a 215meg download in mp3format and a couple of others. Here is the link: http://www.archive.org/details/Isaac...ndationTrilogy
Thank you for the link and reminding me of the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ah, it's the good old BBC version. Note that this is a dramatisation of the trilogy, in 8 1h episodes. It's very, very good (I've had it for years), but it is a dramatisation, NOT a reading of the original books.

Harry, thank you for explaining about the BBC version vs the books and your comment about it being "very, very good". I haven't read the books, so it won't be as noticeable to me when I listen to the BBC version.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:13 AM   #4
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Thanks for clarifying that it is a dramatization and not a direct reading of the trilogy Harry T. Forgot to mention that fact.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Cool, thanks! I already have the audible books, this one fits perfectly with the collection.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
drmaxx
Connoisseur
drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Thanks for the pointer - really enjoyed reading the books. Looking forward to the BBC version of the trilogy.
drmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Thank you very much!

With so much great stuff to read & listen to, I'll have to quit my job. Something has to go, does it not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note. Looking to the right I see that القرآن الكريم The Holy Quran had over a quarter million downloads in just one week. Well done, I say.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Thank you for posting this link. I was starting to run out of things to listen to on my walk to work and you have helped to top me back up.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
.... I was starting to run out of things to listen to on my walk to work and you have helped to top me back up.
I've posted it elsewhere but for your listening pleasure, try your library.

Mine has NO ebooks but does have a smallish audio collection.

So I found this;
The Free Philadelphia Library -- Available to city residents (free), anyone 65 or older (free), residents anywhere in PA with "Access Pennsylvania" library cards (free), and non-residents ($15) Online Registration

DOWNLOADS: audio books, e-books, music, movies, plus. Downloads Download Sampler

Currently I am listening to "Master and Commander" by Patrick O'Brian.

A $15 out of state fee is cheaper than dirt! As soon as I got my out of area card I started downloading audiobooks. The only problem is that it is not easy to find stuff in their system.

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 03-11-2010 at 01:59 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote