Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
Hop-frog
Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon N510Ⅱ
What brand has good Chinese support?

I need an eink device for reading Chinese ebooks. My Hanvon stopped working. It was made in China, and targeted the Chinese market, so Chinese support was perfect and had great Chinese fonts. I cannot find any sellers in the USA selling this brand. Is there a brand available in the USA that can read Chinese ebooks? Are Hanvon ereaders available somehow in the USA?
Hop-frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:58 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-frog View Post
I need an eink device for reading Chinese ebooks. My Hanvon stopped working. It was made in China, and targeted the Chinese market, so Chinese support was perfect and had great Chinese fonts. I cannot find any sellers in the USA selling this brand. Is there a brand available in the USA that can read Chinese ebooks? Are Hanvon ereaders available somehow in the USA?
Get any of the boyue readers even if branded something else you could install the chinese firmware on it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265289
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2017, 04:25 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-frog View Post
If you don't mind converting your epubs to azw3 books, a used Kindle might be a good alternative. On recent Kindle models (5th generation Kindle Paperwhite AKA PW1 or better) the user interface language can be changed to Chinese. It also seems to come with some kind of Chinese keyboard with predictive text support. Registered Kindle owners can also download a couple of Chinese dictionaries for free.

I don't speak Chinese, but IIRC, the GUI and the IME is in Simplified Chinese. (I attached a couple of screenshots from my Kindle PW2 as a reference.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keyboard1.png
Views:	139
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	154831   Click image for larger version

Name:	keyboard2.png
Views:	141
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	154832   Click image for larger version

Name:	font_test.png
Views:	150
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	154833  

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-07-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Fixed screenshot
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:06 AM   #4
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Onyx Boox, Boyue.

As far as I know, many Chinese users take kindle as their main e-readers.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote