Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Sorting by the presence or absence of covers/metadata?

Pardon me if I have overlooked something and this is already possible - I do have a nasty habit of overlooking the blatantly obvious. If so, please tell me what I've missed....

Basically I wonder if it might be possible to implement sorting by the presence or absence of cover pictures and/or specific metadata fields? The sorting and other functions of Calibre are otherwise far in excess of my humble requirements, but I do at times add a number of books at a time and neglect to add covers and metadata at the time and such sorting functions would save me a lot of hunting around for missing items and details.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Thread moved to appropriate forum. Please read the sticky at the top of the development forum before posting there
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Fieldname:true will find books with something in the field. Fieldname:false will find books with nothing in the field. For example, cover:true will find books with covers, and cover:false will find books without covers. Tags:true finds books with tags. Tags:#>3 finds books with more than three tags. And so on.

See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui....arch-interface for more information.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
As I assumed, I just hadn't RTFM well enough. Thanks a lot for helping me out and apologies for the misplacement of the post.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
gbermor
Enthusiast
gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle/SO
Oh wow, this has been extremely helpful!
gbermor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert