Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
cheveguerra
cheveguerra began at the beginning.

Device: WM6
Problem with Metadata Plugboard

Hi,
I have a WM device and use mobipocket to read books, mobipocket does not show the filename in the library, instead it uses the title field, so I was VERY happy to know that now I can use the "series" field in the title, so I went first to the columns and added a new "custom column" of the series type and then went to Preferences/Import-Export/Metadata plugboards and added a plugborad that uses that custom column to display a compact version of the series, so instead of "Dragonraiders of Pern 04 - Dragonnsinger" I should get "DP04 - Dragonsinger" ... but after A LOT of tries all I get is "DP - Dragonsinger" . . the index part is getting lost.

If I use the template "{#series_compact}{#series_compact_index}" in the "Preferences/Import-Export/Sending book to devices" I get the filename just as it should, but if I use the same in the "Metadata plugboard" section it does not work.

Any idea if this is a bug or I am I doing something wrong ?

Regards

Last edited by cheveguerra; 10-04-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: mistype error
cheveguerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheveguerra View Post
Any idea if this is a bug or I am I doing something wrong ?
It is a bug. Will be fixed in the next release (0.7.23)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, cheveguerra

When you have your problem sorted out, feel free to use the "introduce yourself" link below.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
cheveguerra
cheveguerra began at the beginning.

Device: WM6
Well, thank you, I'll be waiting for the next release!

Regards
cheveguerra is offline   Reply With Quote