Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Empty collections

I occasionally get an empty collection on the kobo
I think this happens when i delete from calibre all the books in the collection
The only way i found to fix it is manually by deleting tje database record
Also, if the collection has a pane, i have to manually delete its record in a table called from memory activity (whence panes are generated)
Am i missing a better way?
Thanks
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
An empty collection is a perfectly valid thing on the device. And you can delete it through the interface. Find it in the Collections list, long press on the collection and select delete option from the menu. This will also delete the tile from the home screen.

If you are doing the collection management from calibre, you need to select the option to delete empty collections in the configuration. Otherwise, calibre will leave them there. And when calibre deletes the collection, it also deletes the row from the Activity table to remove the tile from the home screen.

And if a tile on the home screen ever gets disconnected from what it is supposed to show, long press on the tile and select "Dismiss tile" to remove it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #3
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Ah this long press option on the kobo i wasnt aware of! Cool!
I do have delete empty bookshelves set, who knows why that didnt work, maybe i didnt delete the books via calibre after all ;-)
As a side question: what does 'ignore collections' do?
Ps thanks!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Ah this long press option on the kobo i wasnt aware of! Cool!
A long press works on just about any item listed in the UI.
Quote:
I do have delete empty bookshelves set, who knows why that didnt work, maybe i didnt delete the books via calibre after all ;-)
There are some circumstances were the collection looks empty, but isn't actually. One of these is if the collection has a purchased book in it that hasn't been downloaded and you have the option turned on that only downloaded books are shown in the interface. This is an option that has been removed on the device in the 4.x firmware, but is still there if you are running 3.19.
Quote:
As a side question: what does 'ignore collections' do?
The driver manages collections for all the books on the device in the current library. That means that if you create a collection on the device and add a book to it that is in the calibre library, the next time you connect to calibre, the collection will probably be removed. The "Ignore collections" option is a list of the names of collection on the device that calibre won't touch. It won't add or remove books, and if it the collection is empty, it won't delete them.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Stevex
Addict

Hi David
All understood!
Thanks,Steve
Old 02-24-2017, 09:24 AM   #6
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
This is kind of an off topic question, but what advantage do collections give? I've seen several links on how to set them up but I'm unclear on what it's supposed to be doing

Edit: Never mind, figured it out

Last edited by Amon_Re; 02-24-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
This is kind of an off topic question, but what advantage do collections give? I've seen several links on how to set them up but I'm unclear on what it's supposed to be doing

Edit: Never mind, figured it out
Purely for my curiosity, have decided that there is an advantage in using them?