Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #31
bfgbjl
bfgbjl began at the beginning.

Device: none
I think an external battery pack can be really useful. You may want to consider the RAVPower 10400mAh which I have been using for a few months. It still funtions well for now. I also saw them have some low capacity which is easy to carry around.
bfgbjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #32
lovealan
lovealan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
did you buy what you need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOBILE View Post
Anyone has experiences with external battery packs?
I have problem of short battery life of my phone. I'm thinking about pick up an external battery pack, but found tons of cheap backup battery packs on Amazon, either branded or unbranded. It's hard to decide which to buy. Anyone can suggest? What external battery packs are you using?
dear, i think all you should concern are battery capacity, input/output, price and so on...
for example, what i have been using is KINKOO infinite one, it's 8000 mAh capacity can charge more than 4 times for my Galaxy S4, and A+ class lithium polymer battery can charge faster and give a longer shelf life. The most important is that i love it's slim and elegant design very much.
lovealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #33
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Wow - less power at twice the price! Where do I sign up?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #34
Mary Margaret
Mary Margaret began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealan View Post
dear, i think all you should concern are battery capacity, input/output, price and so on...
for example, what i have been using is KINKOO infinite one, it's 8000 mAh capacity can charge more than 4 times for my Galaxy S4, and A+ class lithium polymer battery can charge faster and give a longer shelf life. The most important is that i love it's slim and elegant design very much.
Yup,I have use KINKOO now,it can recharge 5 times for my phone and it still has juice in it.actually I'm a backpacker,Weight is an enormous factor in deciding whether or not a piece of gear makes it into my pack. kinkoo is enough for me.
Mary Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #35
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
As it turns out, we got one of these for Christmas. We're going on a road trip this weekend and might bring it along and try it out.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #36
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
That Kinkoo is certainly very attractive, but price/capacity are WAY more important to me than looks, and it fails for me on both those counts. There are definitely cheaper units out there that are the same or greater capacity and aren't significantly heavier. But all units have pros and cons, and what's a priority for me is surely less of a concern for others. Luckily there are tons of options out there.

I have an older 5000mAh NewTrent (about the size of a deck of cards) that's been durable over the three years I've had it; my only complaint is that it requires a non universal plug to recharge the pack. I'm not sure if their current models are the same, if if they've switched to micro USB inputs as other brands have. I also have two Anker packs I purchased last year--one a lipstick type that's 3000mah (under $20, good for a charge and a half on an iPhone 5) and a 15000 mAh (under $50) that's about the size of an old style PDA. While that one's a bit heavy by comparison, it's still an easily portable unit that can charge anything--phone, e-reader, or even a power hungry tablet.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #37
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
I have an older 5000mAh NewTrent (about the size of a deck of cards) that's been durable over the three years I've had it; my only complaint is that it requires a non universal plug to recharge the pack.
As I noted a few posts upthread, I have a newer 10Ah NewTrent unit, and it uses a standard connector...either USB A or microUSB; I don't have it handy just now.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #38
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
As I noted a few posts upthread, I have a newer 10Ah NewTrent unit, and it uses a standard connector...either USB A or microUSB; I don't have it handy just now.
Good to know, thanks! The NewTrent has certainly worked well over the three years or so I've had it; it got a decent workout recently when a relative was in the hospital and it performed like a champ. Knowing that they're now using a standard connector for charging the battery pack itself, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:32 AM   #39
Halix2
Halix2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, there're lots of choices in the market. But in my view, RavPower, Mophie and MiPow are the 3 best I've known in the market. You can take a look and decide which one to get. I personally have a RavPower 14000mAh as the price is reasonable to me.
Halix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 AM   #40
boysingh
Connoisseur
boysingh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealan View Post
Hmm, just be careful from buying KINKOO, there are some duplicates and it has lower quality, waste of money..tsk
boysingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 AM   #41
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
Good to know, thanks! The NewTrent has certainly worked well over the three years or so I've had it; it got a decent workout recently when a relative was in the hospital and it performed like a champ. Knowing that they're now using a standard connector for charging the battery pack itself, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
BTW, since I'm prepping for a trip, I just checked - like my smaller "lipstick" power bank, my NewTrent is charged by microUSB and charges other devices by USB A. This specific model has two of the latter sockets - one 1A and one 2A.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #42
boysingh
Connoisseur

Quote:
BTW, since I'm prepping for a trip, I just checked - like my smaller "lipstick" power bank, my NewTrent is charged by microUSB and charges other devices by USB A. This specific model has two of the latter sockets - one 1A and one 2A.
Wow, hmmm, I guess it's way cooler since it's smaller, What's the brand name? Can I find it on Amazon?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #43
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysingh View Post
Wow, hmmm, I guess it's way cooler since it's smaller, What's the brand name? Can I find it on Amazon?
Here are the details.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #44
boysingh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Here are the details.
Got that, bought it.. YEY! Thanks Rev. Bob..
Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #45
flappybird
flappybird began at the beginning.

Device: e42
Best external battery packs actually have multiple USB ports and Amp ports. It's even more impressive when you can use multiple ports for different devices at the same time.
flappybird is offline   Reply With Quote