Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
remus.grrrl
remus.grrrl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata Help - Plugboard?? (kindle on ipod touch)

Tried to find an answer by searching, but was taking wayyyyy tooo long.

So sorry if duplicating a question.

Is there any tweak I can do to calibre so that when I change the metadata on the list screen in calibre, it will change the metadata on the .mobi files?

For example: In calibre it shows:

But on my kindle app on ipod touch 4g it shows the title as:

Microsoft Word - Trials_... (as title) and Dawn (as author)

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you

Last edited by remus.grrrl; 08-30-2012 at 03:59 AM. Reason: title change
remus.grrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by remus.grrrl View Post
Is there any tweak I can do to calibre so that when I change the metadata on the list screen in calibre, it will change the metadata on the .mobi files?
No tweak, just use calibre the way it is designed. Metadata is updated in the mobi book using any of the below features of calibre.

Send to device
Save to disk
Conversion
Connect to folder (iTunes)
Download from content server
Email to:

Metadata is not updated if you choose to copy the files from calibre's database using any file manager. Since your metadata isn't being updated I'm guessing you aren't using calibre to export your book from calibre's database.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-30-2012 at 04:36 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
remus.grrrl
remus.grrrl began at the beginning.

Device: none
I can't use calibre to put the books on my ipod, it doesn't allow it.
remus.grrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by remus.grrrl View Post
I can't use calibre to put the books on my ipod, it doesn't allow it.
If you use iTunes to sync books to your iPod then the three posts in this sticky thread might help you figure out how to use the Connect to iTunes feature of calibre to get books to your iPod.

Good luck!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote